5000 psi compressor?

I have a huben gk1 on its way and i see that it fills up to 5000 psi. Many of the people i see with this air pistol are using things like the omega trail charger to fill it up which to my knowledge is only stated for 4500 psi? How are people giving it a full charge? Will i be able to use my yong heng? What are my options.

The GX Pumps CS-4 will fill to 5800 psi, more than you need, but it will easily fill your GK-1. I use mine to fill both my GK-1 and K-1 to the max they are rated to and enjoy the extra shots I get out of both being able to fill it to capacity.

Here's a link to the CS-4 so you can check out the specs. It's a great little compressor with a lot of high end features at a fairly reasonable price point.

If you order direct from GX Pumps, use the code GX10OFF for an additional 10% off with free shipping. There are quite a few folks on here that have one and the reviews have been pretty good!

Note also that many of these guns that can take the high pressure won't have a very good POI compared to the majority of shots fired at lower psi. Also that the extra presure normally does not account for very many additional shots. My uragan can take 300 bar but fires its best consistency when it is near 200 bar.

Allen

The GX Pumps CS-4 will fill to 5800 psi, more than you need, but it will easily fill your GK-1. I use mine to fill both my GK-1 and K-1 to the max they are rated to and enjoy the extra shots I get out of both being able to fill it to capacity.

Here's a link to the CS-4 so you can check out the specs. It's a great little compressor with a lot of high end features at a fairly reasonable price point.

If you order direct from GX Pumps, use the code GX10OFF for an additional 10% off with free shipping. There are quite a few folks on here that have one and the reviews have been pretty good!
The link does not even show a CS-4. Nor is it in there drop down menu.

Both my yong Heng and air venturi fill the huben to 5000 within seconds. The gk1' s tank has a very small cross sectional area so not much of a strain on the compressor. Yong Heng 3 years old and not one part replaced. AV 1 year old and not one part replaced. That being said I only use these compressors to fill my scba tanks to 4200 because it takes so long and seems to be difficult to reach 4500 with such a large volume tank.

Both my yong Heng and air venturi fill the huben to 5000 within seconds. The gk1' s tank has a very small cross sectional area so not much of a strain on the compressor. Yong Heng 3 years old and not one part replaced. AV 1 year old and not one part replaced. That being said I only use these compressors to fill my scba tanks to 4200 because it takes so long and seems to be difficult to reach 4500 with such a large volume tank.
Thanks everyone for your replies! Thank you mil this is the response i was looking for. I thought 5000 psi in the yong heng might be doable due to the small volume but wasnt sure, didn't want to risk something going pop.

To address the other responses, I'm aware that it would work just fine at 4500 psi. But i know id have lower shot count between fills which if i have to use a yong heng and break out the bucket im hoping to get the most out of each fill. I may find a lower psi is what i want to go with anyways, but it would still feel weird not being able to fill my pcp all the way up. But if the yong will suffice then that's great news.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
One reason I bought a GX CS4 is because I plan to eventually buy a Huben GK1 and wanted to be able to fill it to the designed max. I am very happy with it so far with about 25 hours on it. You do have to search for the CS4 on the factory website but with no sales tax added and the 10% off mentioned by FLGunner it should be the lowest price you can get from a US seller.

One of the desirable features of the GK1 is the 5K fill max. I will be filling mine to the max every time.....

The water trap in the CS4 is very efficient and you may not need a 2nd trap / filter when filling the GK1, but you can easily test it with some color changing beads in a small external trap / filter. If you add a secondary filter to the CS4, make sure it is rated at 5000psi working pressure.

I have two Yong Hengs that work fine. One recently rebuilt and neither one of them will reach 5000 psi for what that is worth. It is also beyond their design specs so I would probably not use one to fill a GK1 when/if I get one.

Last edited:
I have a huben gk1 on its way and i see that it fills up to 5000 psi. Many of the people i see with this air pistol are using things like the omega trail charger to fill it up which to my knowledge is only stated for 4500 psi? How are people giving it a full charge? Will i be able to use my yong heng? What are my options.
My HY blew seals at 4300. I would think 5000 would be out of reach BTW if anyone wants a HY you can come to my house and get a free one. Really it’s free

The link does not even show a CS-4. Nor is it in there drop down menu.
Sorry about that, here's a direct link:

You had to go to the Products Tab on the last link and it was the last option.

Looks like it's on sale now for $589.99, so after the GX10OFF discount it's down to $531 shipped. Not a bad deal for this compressor!

Reactions: rcs9250
When I first got back into airguns 6-7 years ago I actually only bought guns that went up to 250bar because I thought I wouldn't be able to fill the guns that said they had a 300 bar limit. Took a while to understand that regulators are usually set below 150bar and the only benefit of a full fill was shot count. This opened up another 50% of the PCP market to me, to my wallets demise.

For a while I tried to fill all my 300 bar guns to 300 bar until I realized that after cool down from the fill they were usually closer to 280-285 bar and all trying to get to 300bar every time did was stress the compressor and the guns seals. Now I just fill most guns to 260 bar which gives 250 bar after cooldown.

There's been a thread recently which pointed out over 3000psi (200bar) the compression of air has a diminishing rate of return. So what you gain from 4500-5000psi is negligible IMO.

Reactions: delooper