• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX 500 yards with the FX Panthera!

Fantastic shooting!
Yeah, that's even better than South African free fx airgun testers. He should enter the Texas Plinking 1 MOA At 1,000 Yards Challenge. He'd get a perfect 38 score every time.
I'd love to see some projectile, weather and trajectory data to go along with the video. There must be a 40ft drop or more at 500yds.
Give us all the dirty details Mr Al.
giphy[1].gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 17dean and qball
There must be a 40ft drop or more at 500yds.
Not sure what velocity or projectile the op is using but my panthera shooting H&N 34 gr. at 1018 fps has a 49 foot drop at 500 yds. Another fun fact a .5 mph right to left wind pushes that projectile 5" at 500 yds. Yes you read it correct a half mile per hour wind. Adding spin drift it says 13" with no wind. With the added .5 mph a right to left .5 mph and spin drift come out as 8". Same conditions but left to right and its 18".

Not sure what velocity or projectile the op is using but my panthera shooting H&N 34 gr. at 1018 fps has a 49 foot drop at 500 yds. Another fun fact a .5 mph right to left wind pushes that projectile 5" at 500 yds. Yes you read it correct a half mile per hour wind. Adding spin drift it says 13" with no wind. With the added .5 mph a right to left .5 mph and spin drift come out as 8". Same conditions but left to right and its 18".
He says 1010 fps is giving 113 fpe so that's a 50gn slug. He never said the weight but he said they were boat tail.
I wonder if he can strike matches with every shot at 500yds.

Shoot any eggs at that range?
Ha Ha..... Na !!.......
I shoot at a 10" dia plate size at 500yds ......best i have achieved is circa 50% ish hit rate...

Its a 'LOOONG" way for an Airgun!!

But.... i suppose if you throw enough shots downrange , you will hit something eventually.!

Reactions: heavy-impact