50 Yd. 177 Challenge

Are there bragging rights for WORST card? If so, I'm sure I qualify. Here are my cards:
Maybe not for the worst, but certainly for the effort! Welcome to the challenge, even the 10 gets you on the board PCP and it has been updated. The distance and target size alone are quite difficult, add in wind and "underpowered" optics and your cards are about identical to what mine would be :)

Well, I had a cool 40°F day but little wind. TX200 MKIII. 177 Springer. I shot 6 cards. I was not able to beat my 48 but I did shoot a 43.

The others were upper 30's and low 40's.

20221029_113518.jpg

Just talking about the targets but I shot those in 1972 while in college for the ROTC group there. Except ours was 50' and using Win 52's. We had shooters there that put more than 1 shot through the hole in the paper.
BTW, it was during this time I was missing targets and even some paper! I learned that I was Left eye dominant and right handed.

Last edited:
Reactions: drpietrzak
Today it was 60°F with a 6 to 10 mph breeze from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock.

TX200 MKIII .177
AA Field Heavy 10.3 (sorted 10.3)
Centerpoint 6x20 at 20
Caldwell Front Bag centered

I shot 3 cards today. While not a perfect day it was OK. The wind was tricky. They were not my best.

I hope I get one more decent day to pull off a 30 yard challenge tomorrow.

1669249669681360233169990224458.jpg

Today it was 60°F with a 6 to 10 mph breeze from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock.

TX200 MKIII .177
AA Field Heavy 10.3 (sorted 10.3)
Centerpoint 6x20 at 20
Caldwell Front Bag centered

I shot 3 cards today. While not a perfect day it was OK. The wind was tricky. They were not my best.

I hope I get one more decent day to pull off a 30 yard challenge tomorrow.

View attachment 308075
11 messed it up, otherwise an awesome card.

I have still been trying to improve my score but haven't made it yet, here's a couple of my most recent cards with my favorite guns (48 & 77).
20221123_194934.jpg

Hello @Fixedflinger

I am offering a new target shot today with a score of 58 and I worked hard to get this. The wind coming off the lake today is all over the place so trying to estimate what it was going to do next was frustrating. However after shooting several targets I got lucky and shot this one. Wind was 8-11 mph variable, temperature 58 degrees with clear skies.

ThomasT
50 Yard Challenge DW.jpg

Hello @Fixedflinger

I am offering a new target shot today with a score of 58 and I worked hard to get this. The wind coming off the lake today is all over the place so trying to estimate what it was going to do next was frustrating. However after shooting several targets I got lucky and shot this one. Wind was 8-11 mph variable, temperature 58 degrees with clear skies.

ThomasT
View attachment 309831
That's awesome shooting even in no wind! I've found that it's the short sporadic breezes really screw me up and make it frustrating. A steady breeze is more challenging than frustrating therfore more fun.

Reactions: ThomasT
That's awesome shooting even in no wind! I've found that it's the short sporadic breezes really screw me up and make it frustrating. A steady breeze is more challenging than frustrating therfore more fun.
Hello again @Fixedflinger

Yeah the leaves on the ground would be going one direction and then make a 180 ???? :oops: I don't read the wind real good like some people, so I try and concentrate on just shooting.

ThomasT

Man I started out like gang busters today. 3 out of 4 in the bullseye. I really lost my concentration at the end. Oh well, I'll keep trying

Score of 43
Barracuda Match
HW80 Springer/SWFA 12x42 SS Scope
Front bag rest
30 degrees, not a breath of wind. shooting with gloves on too.

Cheers
Great job!
Got the boards updated and I have finally been bumped off :)

Great job!
Got the boards updated and I have finally been bumped off :)
Man, I know I could have shot better. I just got a bit anxious with the trigger pull. Shooting the HW80 at 50yds has been a real challenge. I finally figured out my hold. Then it was off to the races, at least today haha.

Man, I know I could have shot better. I just got a bit anxious with the trigger pull. Shooting the HW80 at 50yds has been a real challenge. I finally figured out my hold. Then it was off to the races, at least today haha.
Something like that happened to me one time. I was participating in a CB lever action silhouette event. I got there a little late. I brought a rifle I had not shot much. Soin the practice round I pull it out, aimed at the chickens and knocked down 3 of 3. I did the same thing to the other animals. So the real match starts and I'm on the chickens and I miss all 10. The rest of the round did not do much better. Moral of the story is don't wait till the practice time at the match to zero in your rifle. :(

Reactions: drpietrzak and Zut