60, post#99
1665159018859.png
Ataman BR
2. Sharpshooter:1662405272674.pngThomasT60, post #76FX Crown MK II
3. Marksman:
1672970460853.png
douger
57, post #106Taipan Veteran

This will be a 50 yard (46 meter) .177 (4.5mm) ONLY challenge.
There will be separate classes for PCP and springer/traditional.
You must print and use the official target from the bottom of this post in order to participate.

HOW TO PLAY.
Target cards will have 12 two-inch graduated targets ranging from 1 to 5 points.
Fill out the card information at the top with date/ammo/gun/class.
Placed at 50 yards (vertical or horizontal), shoot each target only 1 time.
After a card has been completed, press flat any large rips or tears and locate the original pellet hole.
Center bulls or hole contact to the black is scored as a 5, contacting the first ring out scores a 4, next ring 3,2,1.
It is not necessary to completely cut the ring to count.
Any contact except for rips outside the pellet diameter counts.
Total up the score of all 12 targets (no mulligans) for a maximum of 60 points.
Add any additional information you choose to the card (optics/username/wind) and take a photo.
Upload photos to this thread to be submitted for the leaderboards.

LEADERBOARDS.
There will be one board for springer/traditional, and one for PCP.
The top 3 scores from each class will be recorded.
Boards will be updated as soon as possible (weekly at the longest).
In the event of multiple perfect scores, the most recent submission will be rotated to the top position.

WE ARE OPERATING ON THE HONOR SYSTEM!
Of course, there is no way to prove cheating or ego stroking therefore I ask that you please respect the
rules for players who seriously want to challenge themselves.
There is no prize, this is only for FREINDLY bragging rights validation.

Completed card example,
20220903_202832.jpg

Note target 7 only scores a 2 because the pellet hole just barley misses the "3" ring, however target
12 scores a 3 because there IS contact.

This challenge may be updated or modified as issues arise, please bear with me.
Best of luck to everyone!!

View attachment target50177.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomasT
I printed the targets. I assume the scan code box is .75" in this case.
I'm assuming you mean the QR code in the top rt. with the little dinosaur in it? I don't know the exact size of it but if you have a phone with "Google cam" or any code scanner app you can scan it and it should bring up this thread on your browser.
Basically it's just a fancy bar code that links up this challenge.

Also I've been watching your vids and I believe you and the other springer guys are going to bump me off the board by Thursday LOL.

Reactions: pdxFrank
I'm assuming you mean the QR code in the top rt. with the little dinosaur in it? I don't know the exact size of it but if you have a phone with "Google cam" or any code scanner app you can scan it and it should bring up this thread on your browser.
Basically it's just a fancy bar code that links up this challenge.

Also I've been watching your vids and I believe you and the other springer guys are going to bump me off the board by Thursday LOL.

Thanks! Yes the dinosaur QR code. I am the dinosaur. I could remember it was a QR code! I printed "actual size" so I was just double checking that I was in the game here.

I doubt I will be bumping anyone. The the 5 appears to be about .25, 4 ring appears to be about .5" and the 3 about 1". This is a very tough target at 50 yards. Essentially one has to have the best edge average break 1" to score 36 points. For 48 points the average best edge breaks 1/2 inch with, a 60 points on average breaking .1/4". It is a tough one. I love it.

This is a very tough target at 50 yards. Essentially one has to have the best edge average break 1" to score 36 points. For 48 points the average best edge breaks 1/2 inch with, a 60 points on average breaking .1/4". It is a tough one. I love it.
Yes it's very tough with a springer but that's why I like it :) . It's already motivated me to pay better attention to each pellet witch is something I really wasn't constantly doing before. Also I'm now considering trying slugs.

But I've found that if I do a few 30 yard challenge cards first and then move out to 50 I get fewer zeros than if I just start out at 50.

Also I have my crosshares at 30 POI and I just hold over when I move out to 50, it's 1 and 1/2 mil dots down.

Reactions: drpietrzak
I just printed out some of these. I didn't look / don't know if sized for Euro "A4" or American 8.5x11 paper. I'm in Upstate N.Y. and as such our printer only knows how to talk to 8.5x11. I told adobe reader to print it "actual size". I'm measuring the outer rings of the targets at 2". ( 50.8mm ) Does this sound about right?

( @Fixedflinger ) I see you're in Michigan so I'll assume using 8x10 sized formatting. (( I just thought to look at who originally started this / created the target sheet ... duh. lol! ))

Reactions: ThomasT
I'm measuring the outer rings of the targets at 2".
Yes the outer ring is intended to be 2", however when I converted the file to pdf it made the outer ring just barley smaller than 2".

8.5 x 11 paper is what the cards were designed on so it sounds like yours are printing correctly.

Looking forward to seeing your scores!

ok -- here's my first crack at this. I've never done one of these online contests before - HW100 with a little 3-12x44 Vector Veyron scope. The gun is tuned @just a tad over 12 ft/lbs - I typically use it in barns. ;-) I shot this card off of my homemade shooting table ( 3/4" plywood on some foldable legs I got via amazon ), a cheap haris knock off bipod up front and a little sandbag @the rear. Not great - but not terrible either I don't think. I haven't shot it in a long time. I went top down, left to right (1,2,3,4,5,6, etc ... ) . Started out a little rough but started tightening them up around shot #6.
177_50_challenge_hw100.jpg

ok -- here's my first crack at this. I've never done one of these online contests before - HW100 with a little 3-12x44 Vector Veyron scope. The gun is tuned @just a tad over 12 ft/lbs - I typically use it in barns. ;-) I shot this card off of my homemade shooting table ( 3/4" plywood on some foldable legs I got via amazon ), a cheap haris knock off bipod up front and a little sandbag @the rear. Not great - but not terrible either I don't think. I haven't shot it in a long time. I went top down, left to right (1,2,3,4,5,6, etc ... ) . Started out a little rough but started tightening them up around shot #6.
View attachment 288294
Good shooting, I got you up on the board.

I myself won't get a chance at a 50 card today, it's been gusting 15-20mph randomly. I've got a cow bell on my 50 stand and I've been lucky to hit that.

First go round here. TX200 in .177 stock springer. Mueller 40x56 fixed power scope. 50 yards light wind 2 to 4 mph from 3 o'clock to 7 o'clock. Sunny 80°f with 40% humidity. Front rest Rock BR rear Protekor #13.

AA Fields in 8.4gr in 4.51
AA Field Heavy 10.3

Best to worst:

34 (AA 10.3)
31 (AA 10.3)
26 (AA 8.4)

20220909_103411.jpg

20220909_103356.jpg

20220909_103333.jpg