50 Yard Shot on Rabbit with a Prod .22

Sweet shot, especially with budget pellets. Do you have a stock tune or did you adjust the hammer spring, etc? 

Thanks!

Thanks. I bought it tuned. I don't know a lot about the tuning details other than what I've posted already. I was told it could reach out to 50 yards with other pellets and found it could with these as well. I'd like to try domed Crosman Premiers also.

That’s got to be some kind of world record shot with a pistol. I couldn’t do that in my dreams at 25 yds. 
I just read your other response, I hadn’t seen a tree rat in days either. I went out early today back to my hometown. I came out onto the main road picking up speed 100’ ahead a black squirrel eating something in the middle of the road. I hit the gas, would of had him but I was pulling a trailer. He’s lucky. My springers took care of 34 Nutters so far this year. Good luck Crow 

That’s got to be some kind of world record shot with a pistol. I couldn’t do that in my dreams at 25 yds. 
I just read your other response, I hadn’t seen a tree rat in days either. I went out early today back to my hometown. I came out onto the main road picking up speed 100’ ahead a black squirrel eating something in the middle of the road. I hit the gas, would of had him but I was pulling a trailer. He’s lucky. My springers took care of 34 Nutters so far this year. Good luck Crow 

@crowski Lol I don't know. I do know that I'm not a crackshot, but I have practiced this type of shooting with this gun. Perhaps I got lucky. When I post about my hunting and pesting experiences I try to communicate the truth as accurately as I can recall it. Before I bought the Prod, the seller communicated things about it and I tested it to see if I could get the same results. One of those things was that they were able to consistently shoot similar sized targets at 50 yards. I tested the claim and found it to be valid. I haven't had much time to squirrel hunt during this part of the season, but I see that you've had quite the year. And thank you for the well wishes.

A guy named Johnny Piston once did a post, at 10 meters, pistol, hitting knock down targets. He hit 10 consecutive targets. I had the same Beeman and the same target, no problem, stand back. (I’d would of had a better chance of solving a Rubic’s Cube in 4 sec). Hit 1 target. Lesson learned Grasshopper. Mind you JohnnyPiston was finely tuned where I’m coming up to 3 yrs. of Air Gunning very green, And spent very little time shooting my pistols. But 52 yds. to me is absolutely insane with a pistol. That’s where I’m coming from. Crow 

Nice shot! I've only killed one rabbit and 15 squirrels with my Prod. I was not happy with a couple squirrels I hit in the body with the stock tune so I tuned it up to about 750 fps with H&N FTT, copper plated. It shoots OK with Crosman domed and hollow points too and I've killed squirrels with them too. I shot the rabbit at about 10 yards and hit it a little off center of the chest, damaged one front leg and the pellet ended up in the outer part of the opposite side rear leg. I'm sure that's more penetration than I would see in a similar sized squirrel. The rabbit weighed 3 lbs. It ran about 50 feet after the impact, further than squirrels have run except for the two I lost with the stock tune. I haven't killed anything with my Prod more than about 30 yards away. I have shot targets at 50 but it was windy and I did not like the groups.