50 Texan Sad to say warranty issue.

I had to send in my Texan 50 cal tx2 ,valve in for warranty work. The safety quit working. I did add one talon tunes trigger spring. That's it. So after shooting well over 1000 rounds through my new Texan lead accumulated inside the trigger mechanism and screwed up things. I had to clean my rifle with a regular nylon coated rod.and lead remover. My barrel was leaded. Airforce won't honor the warranty because I added a talon tunes spring . The bill is $430.00. I thought a a few minor parts no big deal. Things wear out get dirty need cleaned ect. I'm used to that. $430 to make a safety work and clean the trigger group is alot of money. $430 can buy you a new cheap deer rifle. I thought Airforce was the most basic and easy to work on air rifle design. I understand from the volume of shooting lead accumulated inside and caused problems. If I would of known the outcome I would of.never sent it black. I don't like the trigger anyway. Im complaining I wish things were more similar to the air.gun.and firearms world. Who.would.ever worry putting about Jewell trigger in a rem 700 or a Krieger barrel.or a MC Milan stock. They market the Texan like a customizable platform. Yet you can't make no improvements. $430one talon tunes spring to improve the trigger. Yes I actually shot my Texan 50 cal at least 1000 rounds all sized to .510 cal pure 100% roofing soft lead and lubricated or powder coated. So for a 1000 round reviews. My 50 Texan needs $430 to make it shoot again.

That sucks man,. and I get your point re: customization/warranty vs. powder burner world. It's totally different. Pretty much every thing I own that sends lead downrange is going to get customized, if I didn't build it myself in the first place.

So could just order the new parts from air force and do it yourself for far less?

That is pure poope on their part!!!

No way a changed/lighter spring can turn a fine gun into crud.

Have you searched google/youtube for tear down /rebuild tutorials?

In the automotive industry a widely used spray is called "brake cleaner" which is made up of the gas (LPG) family, cuts grease like crazy and dries without a film. Costs next to nothing and is a super weapon on gunked up assemblies you dont want to tear down!

If you want help on the tear down and reassembly then i'll do mine and take umpteen pics to guide you in any way possible ;-)

Just ask mate!

Thank you.all so much for your thoughts and support. I'm going to call Airforce Tomm and see what up. When the tech called me he already did the work ,labor, parts and wanted card for payment. My point being if if isn't under warranty they should of called with price before doing work. I will be learning the internal working s of my Airforce I will be looking for support from you all.

Thank you.all so much for your thoughts and support. I'm going to call Airforce Tomm and see what up. When the tech called me he already did the work ,labor, parts and wanted card for payment. My point being if if isn't under warranty they should of called with price before doing work. I will be learning the internal working s of my Airforce I will be looking for support from you all.

And it will be given!

HI I knew this 3 years ago , I wont mention names My good friend told me this issue long ago , He was a dealer and sold and tuned hundreds of them texans , I have saw more then I needed to with this platform , He saw it and instructed Airforce to resolve the issue along with a few other issues non safety related , but accuracy related issues , and bottom line he pulled away , Well Airforce did not fix it I see and Airforce is a terrible company for any warranty issues , If you notice they do not even check guns for leaks or anything , and The worst at making customers happy , I would rather burn my money then give the $430 to them and have it come back with same issue , The condor safety had issues in 2015 and were fixed with a simple 8mm bearing which they never resolved , I hope they read this and do right as I lost faith in buying anything from them I will check back on thread to see their reply , Their lifetime warranty is worth nothing I have helped alot of people here with issues with them condors when airforce would not do the proper thing , I guess only way to get threw to them with anything is when someone gets hurt and a lawyer forces them end of story /

LOU

Jw rabbit in sorry to hear that this is normal. I just talked.to Airforce and they just want there $409.00. I asked why didn't anyone contact me before making repairs that are not under warranty. They did not respond. At the end of the day its just a handful of small machined parts that come off of cnc machine. If I could get the part s from China they would be $50.00. Not to cry anyone a river but I just had a surgery on my ankle that didnt t go good and had blood clots. So not able to walk let alone work. On unemployment fixed income. I would of never sent it in if it wasn't under warranty. $1169.00 for the World s best air gun life time warranty☺ what a joke. I don't know anything about AEA air guns but there whole 50cal with a actual wood stock is $609.00. Its cost me $409.00 just to get my gun home. So i.guess save your money buy a AEA for half price and assume to do all the quality control and fix it yourself if it breaks.

I most definitely agree. That’s nuts to perform work without confirming the out-of-pocket price with the customer and getting the customer’s consent before starting any type of repair work on a gun sent in for warranty work. Don’t let them snub you like that. Call their warranty department and speak with someone. Be sure to write down their name, the date, and what they communicate to you. Then ask to speak to their supervisor. Don’t let up until you get the answers you’re looking for. 

Is Impossible to accumulated lead in the trigger mechanism... Impossible I have had airforce since 2016 ..talons ..condors..Texans 257 ' 308 n even.457 ..to me there is one one part of this story.. I wish to know what they find. When they opened the gun .. I really don't think they charged that only because you changed a spring.. I send 3 lightly modified frames to be updated to rimlock even with the parts installed n verify a safety issue on 2 of them n I pay way less than that..and those frames were old used n out of any warranty..there was some drilling n light machining involved.. yes safety mechanism is a concern..I have a hole in my chop bathroom aluminum industrial door..took the safety n the gun went of .. but in that case i had installed a thick heavy hammer spring.. I wish I could know what they find inside..

Is Impossible to accumulated lead in the trigger mechanism... Impossible I have had airforce since 2016 ..talons ..condors..Texans 257 ' 308 n even.457 ..to me there is one one part of this story.. I wish to know what they find. When they opened the gun .. I really don't think they charged that only because you changed a spring.. I send 3 lightly modified frames to be updated to rimlock even with the parts installed n verify a safety issue on 2 of them n I pay way less than that..and those frames were old used n out of any warranty..there was some drilling n light machining involved.. yes safety mechanism is a concern..I have a hole in my chop bathroom aluminum industrial door..took the safety n the gun went of .. but in that case i had installed a thick heavy hammer spring.. I wish I could know what they find inside..

Mercado Yes all Texan's with factory silencers the model SS and LSS do force lead dust back into the action it has been confirmed on this forum.I did point this flaw out to the owners of airforce and was blackballed and I can no longer buy parts or anything airforce sells .And buy the way when you fire a SS or LSS model Texan you are inhaling LEAD DUST the factory is fully aware of this fact and will not fix the problem so buy Texan SS OR LSS MODELS AT YOUR OWN RISK THEY WILL HARME YOU IN THE LONG RUN . 

My Texan is the regular CF model and I use a Donny FL. The more you all post with you real life experience s actually using and shooting and dealing with Airforce repairs it makes me feel much better that I'm not the only one. I don't think most Airforce customers use there guns enough to have any problems. I cast my own and for sure shot 700 to 1000 cast slugs. Point being maybe it just a matter of how many rounds fired to wear get dirty and start having problems. I'm going to my Texan back it took me a year to finally get it shooting well. I'm not giveing up now!!!

If you want to fight, Magnusan Moss act (which has now been applied to pretty much all goods) requires that they prove the third party part caused the damage. If need be, you can push the issue with the FTC, I doubt they will do anything, but maybe the knowledge is enough for Air Force to back down and find a better price for you. You may need to dig up old posts about this same issue to show them that this has happened with stock rifles.

Or tell them to put the old parts back in and ship it back to you since you didn't approve of the repairs.

At the price of that repair, you are half way to another big bore.

Also demand that they send you ALL of the old parts. If there is a part on the invoice and you don't have the old one, then they may be in trouble.

My brother had some kind of run in with them more than 10 years ago, and he won't buy another of their products. I forget the exact issue, but it put him off their brand.

I just spoke to Airforce as long as I could on one conversation. I got no where. They nocked the bill down to$337.00. They will not acknowledge a problem that they did not call for confirmation of repairs when they decided. I thought maybe they would drop the price of parts to resolve this situation. No go. They absolutely do not care about not calling for confirmation of repairs. $1169.00 years old airgun held hostage for $337.00. Imagine what would happen if you actually used you Airforce like a regular gun in harsh conditions. If a lil bit of oil and lead dust ruined my internal parts imagine if your Airforce experienced sand water or mud in the real hunting world. No warranty and no function. I'm not very good at communicating on the telephone . I think I'm going to print up these post on the forum with views and send a letter to Airforce. If I pay this price hopefully there is a AEA dealer here on the site can use the parts and labor bill from my Airforce as a selling point for there $609.00 50 cal with a stock.

Since Airforce is a sponsor of this forums, don't expect the owners to help you out. They make some neat guns with lots of power, but sometimes it isn't worth the trouble. Maybe you should contact Bin (Sig Shooter on Youtube) and see what kind of a trade in he might be able to do, just to get you on his platform. No idea if he would do anything, but you never know if you don't ask.

I'd like to recommend the Umarex Hammer, but still holding on that recommendation, details elsewhere on the web. Support has been great, but QC seems to be a problem right now. So if you are shopping in the future, maybe I can recommend a powerful 50, or maybe not, have to wait and see.

[edit] You may want to tell Airforce to put the "bad" parts back in and send it back, you'll pay the $40 return shipping. I hope you told them that every part that is listed on the invoice (and they better be listed with prices) had better be included with the repaired gun, should you choose to get it back. Again, they are required to show you defective parts (those that have a core charge) and return all other parts that have been replaced. That includes stupid little o rings.

I just spoke to Airforce as long as I could on one conversation. I got no where. They nocked the bill down to$337.00. They will not acknowledge a problem that they did not call for confirmation of repairs when they decided. I thought maybe they would drop the price of parts to resolve this situation. No go. They absolutely do not care about not calling for confirmation of repairs. $1169.00 years old airgun held hostage for $337.00. Imagine what would happen if you actually used you Airforce like a regular gun in harsh conditions. If a lil bit of oil and lead dust ruined my internal parts imagine if your Airforce experienced sand water or mud in the real hunting world. No warranty and no function. I'm not very good at communicating on the telephone . I think I'm going to print up these post on the forum with views and send a letter to Airforce. If I pay this price hopefully there is a AEA dealer here on the site can use the parts and labor bill from my Airforce as a selling point for there $609.00 50 cal with a stock.

Call the Attorney General for the state the company is in, and tell them they do fraudulent businesses practices.

Call the Attorney General for the state the company is in, and tell them they do fraudulent businesses practices.

@Reedmosser If all you’re saying is true I was going to suggest contacting the Better Business Burreau. Then I looked them up the and they are not BBB accredited, but I did read of a complaint and a review from last year about of poor customer service and unkept promises for replacement parts. https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/fort-worth/profile/gunsmiths/airforce-airguns-0825-235974969/customer-reviews

These stories are unfortunate to read as I had been looking into a rifle made by a company they own. Now I am genuinely hesitant. 

Also @estarkey7 has provided good advice. If you have documentation and have done all that you can in attempt to resolve your issue with the company via phone, mail, e-mail, etc. consider contacting Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection. If you contact them it’s probably best to have your documentation in order, on hand, and ready to submit in the event that it is requested. I really hoped that you’d be able to work your issues out with the company.