.50 Hammer What's up?

Not very much chatter here on the Umarex .50 hammer. Is it dead in the water or still on it's way? Seems like a pretty simple platform but 2 or 3 shots per fill would take some joy out of it. It sure would be fun to slam some steel,play with different slugs and eliminate garden pests.........../

.50 for garden pests! Ahh that would be a sight to see.

I dont think the hammer is dead in the water by any means. They for sure messed up by showing so early but hey it is what it is.

I'm most likely gonna buy one play with. Be fun to knock some deer with it

It is coming out the summer after SHOT, at least it has been the last three SHOT Shows now. So far as I can tell the hammer is much like shot show, except swap one of the "Os" for an "i." Lets hope it isn't plagued with teething problems when it hits the market. :/ 

For what it is worth, I am awaiting the Hammer with great anticipation too, I'm just a bit dismayed at how Umarex seems to have no compunction about allowing their dealers to sell pre-orders on a product which they clearly have no capability to deliver in a timely fashion. There is fashionably late, and then there is just stupidly late..... 

Probably some combination of market manipulation and marketing realities, Guys.

Having seen many hunting videos of Hammers in the hands of well-known hunting personalities, including several (videos and personalities) on popular outdoor television shows, I would speculate Umarex has substantial-enough pre-production investment to see the Hammer through to production and marketing. "Patience, Grasshoppah(s)."

Give Umarex a break folks...this air gun which is leaps and bounds beyond their last release has been in its 'beta' stage for a couple years in the hands of some testers and I am sure they've done revisions, so that upon release there are minimal issues...is that really something worth critiquing an being so critical of? I for one respect it...provided my assumptions are correct...in the event the Hammer release is plagued with issues, then I can/will eat my own words.

-Matt

Not very much chatter here on the Umarex .50 hammer. Is it dead in the water or still on it's way? Seems like a pretty simple platform but 2 or 3 shots per fill would take some joy out of it. It sure would be fun to slam some steel,play with different slugs and eliminate garden pests.........../

Not much chatter - mostly because there was a lot of chatter a couple years ago when it was announced, since then, not much. It might actually come out this year, then again, maybe not.