• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

50 gr. Jsb Knockout vs 50 gr.H&n slug expansion.

I shoot those two slugs each in it's own bucket of water from about 2 m height out of my Uragan .30.Both bucket's were destroyed from the pressure slugs created.Slug on the left is Jsb which expanded from 7.62 mm to 12.8 and the one on the right is H&n's new slug Hp2 expanded to 12.6mm.Speed is around 860 fps.Both slugs are now 50 cal size.The expansion is almost the same a slight edge goes to Jsb but H&n win in the accuracy from my Uragan.
Regards Marko
IMG_20231219_172322.jpg
IMG_20231219_155752.jpg

IMG_20231219_155804.jpg

Marko,

thanks for your efforts
on testing hollow point expansion. And sharing them with us. 😊

I am highly interested in HP expansion — as HP's without expansion don't do what they were designed to do....

🔶 However, the ballistic medium of water (or pottery clary, o play-dough) is extremely favorable to HP expansion — much more favorable than real animal flesh.

🔶 A test that would help us understand what is really happening in our quarry when we shoot with HP — would used a ballistics material close to a real life quarry:
▪ a dead quarry, or
▪ ballistic gel, 10%(!)

I live in a country where ballistic gel is on the same list as meteorites, privacy-respecting Google products, splinters from Jesus' cross, drinking water from Mars, and honest politicians....

So, if you would run those tests, at impact velocities attainable to typical PCPs, I'd help out with some of the cost for the ballistic gel!
(However, I just looked at your location.... — and Slovenia doesn't sound like a country where you can get ballistic gel, either.... 🤦🏻‍♂️).

Cheers, in any case! 👍🏼

Matthias 😊

• Haha
Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Hi Matthias
I understand what you mean.I just tested two slugs in the same condition to compare expansion.
I know that in hunting scenario the outcome could be different.
However i don't use slugs for hunting.I just use them for better wind resistance comparing two pellets.

It was just a test to see what kind of expansion would watter create

Regards Marko