• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

50.15 grain jsb .30 cal pellet bc

"Gmg"Hi guys,did anyone measured BC for .30 cal 50 grain pellet shot of the ST barrel? Cant force StrelokPro to work with me. I have BC of 0.047 but its aparently too low. Gun shot about two mildots higher than supposed to shot at ninety yards.....
In a situation like that, if you can't actually measure the BC, just increase it until your drop is accounted for and check at an intermediate range. If you are on in the middle and on at the far end you have a good BC.

Tried this. Correct Bc is about 0.07. But its very high for diabolo pellet. 

also don't know if my testing did bring some useful results. It's huge difference in POI when wind is gusting from the front and from the back. October is windy in my area. 

Anyway im surprised because of little drop for so heavy pellets. I shoot them at 261m/s MV. 

"Gmg"Tried this. Correct Bc is about 0.07. But its very high for diabolo pellet. 

also don't know if my testing did bring some useful results. It's huge difference in POI when wind is gusting from the front and from the back. October is windy in my area. 

Anyway im surprised because of little drop for so heavy pellets. I shoot them at 261m/s MV. 
My earlier comment presupposed that you were measuring very accurately the point of impact at each range. I did not realize how accurately one had to be measuring drop to get a "good" BC. I could take the time to model it but it is late and I am tired. Suffice it to be said that at shorter ranges (less than 50 yards) it is very difficult to actually measure the true drop. Being off by half a group diameter could easily throw your BC estimate off by 50%. I'm just swagging these numbers but my guess is informed by an experience I had the other day with one of my Diana's and an attempt to "guestimate" BC from drop at 35 yards...