• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

5 starlings down

bobby

Apr 19, 2015
Wv
Today at work I was removing some plywood to look at a damaged been and I kept seeing a bird fly in and out got a closer look and noticed it was a starling so I removed the sheet of plywood and found 5 little starling and scooped the nest in to a box and feed them to the stray kitty cats all in all a good day at work

If you get that new .25, make sure your backstop is substantial. I use conveyor belt, at my baits, as it takes a licking and is very quiet. Metal is too noisy and being in the building industry along with you, dimensional lumber was my first/bad choice. If your using anything thinner than glulam or sister'd LVL you'll shoot through it in no time. Good luck with your new gun.

Have not done much hunting in years--but I just hate starlings. We do not seem to have nearly as many in this part of Texas as back in Indiana . When I was a kid had the classic Crosman 760 (though they were a good deal better built then) and would walk through the woods along the Ohio River bank and blow one starling after another away. Not a lot of hitting power, and sometimes it took a follow up shot--but that little gun did the job.

By the way, the 760 is in the hands of a younger family member. It has been an important part of the war on starlings since 1972---and works like new.