• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

5-shots on my Vulcan 25

Daxx

Jul 2, 2015
I can only shoot 25 yards indoors, but here is a 5-shot string I shot the other day with my Generation 2 Vulcan .25 cal. This is straight factory, no mods, no upgrades, barrel never cleaned, no pellet sorting. I don't have a chronograph, but the paperwork says it's set at 938 FPS. The new hammer and spring from AGN is on the way, and AJshoots has got me interested in polishing my barrel. With practice, I hope to get better!

For reference, the inner ring is 0.5" or 12.7mm

Those groups look very promising, and good shooting. I would recommend you see what kind of groups you can get beyond 25 yards before making the attempt to polish the barrel. My Cricket which has been powered down to shoot 14.35 at 8 FPE, Air Arms S410 set to 11 FPE, and TX200 at 16 FPE, will do that at 25 yards with nothing done at all to their barrel.

Daxx: The difference for me between the MKI and MKII's shooting wise has been the MKI's and the Vulcan magazines don't like them. It doesn't index correctly all the time, i.e. out of 9 shots 2 or 3 will require you to pull the magazine back out manually rotate it forward put it back in and then start shooting again. But they shoot well when they shoot. didn't Chrony them so I don't' know about FPS. I did do the MKII's and due to the difference in skirt size the FPS is not consistent for me. FPS range 796 thru 827 from pellet to pellet.