:)

First-congratulations on fixing your issues with POI shifts.

I'm glad I saw this post as I've been thinking about a Dreamline that also has the AMP reg. This would be the most I've spent on a gun and I'm shall we say a bit "economically challenged". If I were to spend the kind of cash FX is getting for their stuff and then have issues I might go a bit nuts! Think I'll wait a while to see how the AMP equipped guns prove out.

I never found the creep to be a real problem in my Crown. It’s never budged from day one at 145-150. Maybe it’s the late model regulator they began putting in the newer Crowns. Can’t speak to the issues of earlier models but there was a gent on AGN who did some rearranging/restacking of the Belleville washers and came with a solid no cost fix for his. 

Kinda misleading title. I was hoping for a fix on the reg creep that most fx guns have. You didn't actually fix the reg creep. You just replace the fx reg with the Huma reg. That's $120 extra. Was really hoping for a free fix and not have to spend $120 on a huma. Oh wells.

To fix creeping, the mating surfaces of the regulator’s valve seat need to be dressed dead flat, parallel, and polished free of any microscopic scratches. It’s these scratches that allow air to slowly weep by and continue to elevate the plenum pressure. 

The way I solved the FX Crown AMP Regulator creep problem was to replace it with one of the new Huma Gen 3 Tuning Regulators. There are three models: 60-120 Bar; 100-165 Bar; and 140-195 Bar. https://www.huma-air.com/FX-Impact-and-FX-Crown-Tuning-Regulator-Gen-3 Replacing the factory regulator with the Huma completely cured the problem of it creeping up in reg pressure. This creep can be especially annoying when every time you take the gun out shooting you discover it is not hitting the same place as it was before, which makes you want to reset your scope zero every time you take it out shooting.

Something odd I discovered about the FX Crown is that it has no hammer weight, so that if you plan on using the Huma High Pressure Regulator to set the reg pressure above 150 Bar you will have to modify the hammer spring guide and also add a hammer weight. Otherwise you can set the reg pressure higher and higher but without adding a hammer weight your pellets' velocity will not increase. You need the extra weight to open the valve pin against the higher regulator pressure.

To do this I modified the hammer spring guide and made a 90 grain weight, and also reset the screw in the hammer adjuster block to allow the adjustment knob to be set on MAX at the 12:00 position. Bob_O made a very good instructional video on how to set the D5 screw and the hammer adjuster block as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvTZ4cmYDO4.

The combined length of the hammer weight and remainder of the guide rod on the spring guide cannot exceed the total length of the original spring guide rod, or the weight will bind against the spring guide rod and prevent the gun from cocking. If for any reason you wanted to use a longer heavier weight then you would have to shorten the spring guide rod accordingly, but I found that anything more than a 90 grain weight is unnecessary. 

The new Huma Gen 3 Extra High Pressure Regulator ran flawlessly in the Crown and the creep problem was solved. At one point in my experiments I installed the .25 caliber slug liner and with the above modification and with the Huma set at 180 Bar I was able to get the JSB 34gr. MKI's running at 1015 ft/s for a whopping 78 FPE! Those 34's were Smokin'! And at that power level it will just stack pellets in the same hole at 50 yards! Who knows what this rifle and slug liner combination would do with some Varmint Knockers at that velocity and power level! ? :) 

This Huma Reg installation - hammer weight/spring guide modification is very simple to do and is a big bonus to solving the reg creep problem.

1554086300_11209411335ca1799c26cc43.63516700_20190328_115332.jpg

1554086324_4481013825ca179b4d6d203.08696365_20190328_115433.jpg

Hello, I installed the HUMA gen3 regulator and I found that the climb problem has not been resolved. Can I know the stacking order of your disc springs?

1557042661_10371738285cce95e514eaf7.04963259_IMG_20190505_155043.jpg

I also want to know, strengthen the spring hammer, his length width. There is also weight. thank you

We are forced to pay a hell of a lot of money for these FX guns and we should not have to modify them like this to make them reliable.

CHUCK,

You make it sound like FX air rifles are unreliable unless equipped with a Huma reg. Notice how I didn't type "modified".

Just because you have an arrangement with Huma-Air doesn't mean the next person can't have a reliable FX air rifle with a factory reg. My Crown with AMP reg is performing at very high levels.

No one actually "forced" you to pay did they?

Reactions: Ziabeam
We are forced to pay a hell of a lot of money for these FX guns and we should not have to modify them like this to make them reliable.

CHUCK,

You make it sound like FX air rifles are unreliable unless equipped with a Huma reg. Notice how I didn't type "modified".

Just because you have an arrangement with Huma-Air doesn't mean the next person can't have a reliable FX air rifle with a factory reg. My Crown with AMP reg is performing at very high levels.

No one actually "forced" you to pay did they?

True no one is forcing us to buy the Huma reg with a gun pointing at our face. But in a way we are force to folk up the $120 to stop the reg creep. Fx fan boys will defend fx guns. Only fx gun I own is the impact x. I'm not really into their guns cause they are in the thousands of dollars. I'm more a Benjamin guy. Own a mood, prod, and discovery. I've spend $2000 on my impact. I expect a gun that doesn't require me to shoot 2 shots every hunt or shooting session. My impact x brand new with amp reg gen 3 creeps from 140 bar to 150 when I first got it from airgun depot..folks say it I'll break in..been 5 months now and over 6 tins and it still creep. It's very annoying. I tear down the reg..clean it, lube it, even flip the bevels around and double stack them. Still creeps. It forces me to folk up $120 for a Huma reg. Paying $2000 we shouldnt even have to spend another $120. Some use excuses like it's not safety concern so it's no big deal. Well when you spend $2000 it is a big deal. Their reg sucks and their gauge sucks..both my gauge don't even match once it goes below set reg and don't match my CF tank. It's known fx gauges and reg are crap. Fx needs to get off their butt and fix them or install Huma reg and wiki gauge in all their guns since it seem like they aren't doing a good job at it.

I’m certainly in agreement that one should not have to fix the regulator in a $2000 gun...or even a $700 gun. I didn’t mind it too much on my $200 Dynamic .25 cal, and fortunately was able to fix it so I can pick it up on Saturday morning after it has sat idle all week, and go outside and put a JSB through the brain of a squirrel at 60 yards. I’d be a little salty if I’d paid 10 times that much though.

BTW, cleaning the regulator internals and reconfiguring the Belleville stack will not remedy creeping. As I replied to your question yesterday, the valve seat needs to be dressed.