:)

After months of testing the titanium and brass regulator piston has pass and soon will be available. It has a small delrin seat inserted on the end of the piston and can be easily replaced. Adding stock or thicker spring washer will increase the regulator pressure output. With titanium piston and different thickness spring washer no need for complete HUMA reg.

Testing for mechanical gauge creep, after a shot look at the reg gauge needle when it stop moving tap 2-3 times on the gauge lens if needle move up its a mechanical issue. 

Testing for reg delrin creep, after a shot and gauge needle stop moving tap gauge lens about 2-3 times then mark the gauge needle I used blue painter tape now let gun idle overnight in the same space you mark the gauge if needed move about 5b it’s normal and 1st shot within the ES its normal. Know take a look at other regulated AG without a regulator pressure gauge guaranteed they all have reg creep you just don’t see it!!!

not all impacts / Crown has reg creep mostly from owners jacking up the regulator pressure above 150b with the washers stack designed for less then 150b.

another is a damaged piston in the the way of over compression of the adjustment screw while system is pressurized and tightening down on the adjustment screw while its bottom out on the piston and piston is bottom out on the action.

maybe only 1% I seen impact have actual regulator creep before the owner get hold of the gun then the % of creep go up from there. With new metal piston drop in replacement is design to lower the reg creep from unexperienced users/owners.

Keep in mind FX has a 3 year warranty so if you have a reg issue they fix for free now if you have a HUMA regulator you will get billed — I seen so many HUMA’s gets replaced Because owners don’t know how to fix the regulator and FX don’t fix they replace them.

HUMA reg copied the FX AMP reg and design the piston material to metal that has less creep under higher pressure— less piston movements on the delrin seals thats is consistently moving with a given shot. So the HUMA has orings and delrin that can wear overtime with use so I would think they both have the similar failure rate I know I seen all the parts that goes bad on the HUMA, now I see more HUMA in the FX AG’s and more HUMA failure increases with #. 

HAMA shroud have there own services center and offer 3 year warranty 😎

Well Chuck, I don't follow you or anyone around the forum, I just follow topics of interest.

A lot of your posts were deleted recently, by you or admin, I don't know. But you have posted that you get products from Huma to test when they aren't available to the public. That sounds like an arrangement to me. 

Similar to my arrangement with FX-USA. I've gotten some products for my Crown to evaluate, I won't deny that.

As far as regulators, maybe I got lucky. Three out of four FX rifles I've owned had/ have great regulator performance. Only my Wildcat had an issue that I chose to remedy with a Huma regulator. 

But to say FX rifles need to be modified to make them reliable just isn't true.

...Three out of four FX rifles I've owned had/ have great regulator performance. Only my Wildcat had an issue that I chose to remedy with a Huma regulator. 

But to say FX rifles need to be modified to make them reliable just isn't true.

As I posted recently I have not had any creep issues at 150 bar but I have noticed the FX gauges can stick occasionally (which may be the mechanical issue Ernest mentioned previously.) I’m simply leaving those alone for now to see if they wear in and “Seat” better over time. Regardless I’ve never seen the gun behave abnormally with respect to point of aim after the usual couple warm up shots I typically take. 

I have worked for new car dealers as a mechanic on Mercedes Benz and some cars would be broken before they were unloaded , It is part of life things break ,, I really think you

I have had older reg issues , but no big deal , Everything in life gives us a problem now and then and I agree some things customers ruin by lack of knowledge of how to use it or repair or clean it or set it properly , and regulators like good o rings good lube and users not to scratch anything when servicing , I here have saw people destroy regulators by trying to service it and are not mechanically inclined .

But as far as HUMA I love their regulators

LOU

Hello Chuck,

New here - but not to airgunning. I have been working on the same modifications spoken about in this thread. New Huma reg, (original was Fx gen 2) with the intent of higher pressure setting (running 150 - 155bar). Also using Earnests hammer mod. I also am using a .22 slug liner.

Initially, I was trying 160 bar, and there was no fps consistency. 60 fps spread over a number of shots. The reg appeared to be struggling - I need to double check the stacking of the washers. With the hammer dialed up, I was also getting lots of bounce.

My on going efforts involved "spring gun tune" to the hammer spring, dropping the reg to 150 - 155, and making sure that there is still room for the "sling shot" of the hammer. Now I am getting ES - 18fps with SD - 4.6fps over 40 shots (230 Bar down to reg pressure 150bar) Pellets straight out of the tin - JSB Monster redesigned 25.39 grain at 950 fps average. (I have yet to do accuracy testing with slugs, I wanted to get fps consistency first with cheaper ammo)

The 10fps jumps really bother me. Many reviews of the crown show similar shot strings. I guess I need to wash and sort by size and weight next? Perhaps someone can suggest something to improve the consistency?

I'll post groups with the slugs when I get to that point.

Thanks...

I don't know how I missed this thread! I own two Crowns now, a 600mm that I bought from @Bob_O that has a gen 3 reg and a new 700mm (also gen 3). 

I'll get some overnight creep sometimes, but it goes away after the first shot. I have seen the pressure jump 2-5bar when I tap on the reg gauge, mainly in the 600mm, but those gauges are the older white ones and I have a new set of black ones waiting for me to prioritize their install.

Regarding what @sniperlabyo's feedback, I'm really curious about the new reg materials! I bought a new extra-high Huma when I bought this new Crown, but with my 12.6 gram hammer weight and modified spring guide, my ES is usually 3, but never more than 4 shooting 30gr slugs at 970fps at 170bar. Lately, the wind has been calmer here, and I have been running 158-160bar with zero creep and identical ES.i also feel like ES could be lower if I paused longer between shots.

That said, one time I left my reg at 180bar and it crept to around 190 overnight. That had me wondering about the creep issues that others have posted about, and whether or not the creep is tied to making frequent reg adjustments - or changing the reg pressure settings for a different tune. I started to wonder if my reg would exhibit that behavior if I left my rifle on 158 or 170 for a month's worth of shooting, and then decided to detune it to 135 or whatever.

All I know is that these gen 3 regs have been pretty good for me. I'm tempted to take my reg out now to see what materials the piston is made from, and to see if mine has these other changes that @sniperlabyo speaks of - but meh, at this point I'm not planning to touch it until it's time for me to service it.

Hello Chuck,

Still working on consistency (I was trying with .22 now with a .25), and it has been improving, but not yet to the level you suggest. The chart below shows quite a nice improvement in consistency, when I did 3 things. I opened up the TP and lowered the working pressure down and weighed all the pellets (washing is coming :)) as you suggested. The accuracy at 50 yards is good from what I know - where I can get most shots inside a .5 inch circle. This may useful input for someone.

A couple of points still have me stymied.

1. Is it 'normal' for a huma regulator's output pressure to vary by 10%? I run my bottle from 230bar down to about 150bar, it is over this range that I see 10bar difference. This is enough for me to start seeing valve lock at the higher end.
  2. The tests below were captured last Fri, shot a competition on Sunday, and now today, running a couple over the chrony, the velocity has dropped to about 860!? What could possibly cause that?
    [/LIST=1]

1568773930_5532114605d81972abbf782.46528984_Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.27.00 PM.png

Would appreciate any input folks might have for me.

Thanks

Usually the creep is due the plastic piston, with a metal piston on the reg, problem solved (in huma is metal). 😉

+1 on the plastic piston often being the problem mine had a flat spot on the side that caused it to creep and my poi to jump up or down near 4 inches at 100 yards every few hundred rounds. I made a brass piston but installed a huma already. I may get around to putting my original back in someday but why fix something that already werqs.