• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Diana 48/52 .177 new to me.....arrived !!

got it about 2 hours ago, stripped her down for a good cleaning...took 6 ballistol patches and 2 dry to
clean barrel.
removed the front and rear sights because i will use optics only.
stock is in good shape and will be perfect for the 'black job'
DOB- 11/94 looks like brand new and has stop pin holes in dovetail rail.
testing this weekend, even in the rain.....targets only getting wet !
i got to find a heavy pellet or preferably a slug for its accuracy because with light stuff, its
too hot to control.
she will be perfect for pest critters on my cardinal feeders close to the house.🧑‍🌾
20231130_185829.jpg

Last edited:
got it about 2 hours ago, stripped her down for a good cleaning...took 6 ballistol patches and 2 dry to
clean barrel.
removed the front and rear sights because i will use optics only.
stock is in good shape and will be perfect for the 'black job'
DOB- 11/94 looks like brand new and has stop pin holes in dovetail rail.
testing this weekend, even in the rain.....targets only getting wet !
i got to find a heavy pellet or preferably a slug for its accuracy because with light stuff, its
too hot to control.
she will be perfect for pest critters on my cardinal feeders close to the house.🧑‍🌾View attachment 411179
I'm guessing that I had a 48 in 22 caliber about the same vintage.. mine was marked RWS/Diana.. and made in Germany.. I got the one piece scope ring mount that was made for it and had the set screw that went down into the spot on the rail.. was a very good and accurate gun.. much better than the 34 in 177 that I had before it..
Mark

Reactions: Billinoregon
Mine shoots well with Crosman Premiere 10.5gr Domed Ultra Magnum. I set it up with an all steel adjustable RWS "C" mount and a Dianawerk muzzle weight. Both items are out of production, but I still see them for sale in classifieds and on Ebay. The mount has dual recoil stop screws spaced specifically for the 48/52. Finished it off with a pair of plug screws in place of the rear sight, and installed sling swivel studs. Great shooter. Squirrels hate it.

Squirrel-48.JPG

C-Mount.JPG

I owned the .177 Model 48, it was a hard hitter but yes a bit squirrelly over 30 yards because of the velocity. Close range it was lights out accurate but at longer distances 40+ yards the groups opened up on mine. Personally, I never found the perfect pellet for mine so sold it. Good luck with yours and post a few groups when you get her figured out.

I have a Diana Air King 54 which uses the same power plant, just with the FWB300 type sliding recoilless action. When I got it, it had a low-power spring, perhaps a British 12-pound version. Motorhead put a Diana 48 spring in, and adjusted the recoilless action. Lovely rifle, but heavy as a tank.

Diana 54 Air King.jpg

I have a Diana Air King 54 which uses the same power plant, just with the FWB300 type sliding recoilless action. When I got it, it had a low-power spring, perhaps a British 12-pound version. Motorhead put a Diana 48 spring in, and adjusted the recoilless action. Lovely rifle, but heavy as a tank.

View attachment 411484

Do you shoot off of that tripod much?

got a package in the mail coming now USPS, its been back to the state it was mailed from twice this week and been to 4 different facilities in Indiana and still hasnt made it to me in 6 days and only had to come 150 miles.
We’re into the busiest shipping time of the whole year for all the shippers. I won’t ship anything important till we get to 2024.

Reactions: fishing43
got a package in the mail coming now USPS, its been back to the state it was mailed from twice this week and been to 4 different facilities in Indiana and still hasnt made it to me in 6 days and only had to come 150 miles.
yes me too ,pkg was in Nashville nov 30 (1.5 hours from my house) now it has arrived in Atlanta Ga 12/3 , it was supposed to arrive 12/2.
EDIT: ordered a part , Nashville screwed it up , as usual ! the nashville depot just does not know where KY is . hahaha

Last edited: