Diana 48/52 .177 new to me.....arrived !!

got it about 2 hours ago, stripped her down for a good cleaning...took 6 ballistol patches and 2 dry to
clean barrel.
removed the front and rear sights because i will use optics only.
stock is in good shape and will be perfect for the 'black job'
DOB- 11/94 looks like brand new and has stop pin holes in dovetail rail.
testing this weekend, even in the rain.....targets only getting wet !
i got to find a heavy pellet or preferably a slug for its accuracy because with light stuff, its
too hot to control.
she will be perfect for pest critters on my cardinal feeders close to the house.🧑‍🌾
20231130_185829.jpg

Last edited:
got it about 2 hours ago, stripped her down for a good cleaning...took 6 ballistol patches and 2 dry to
clean barrel.
removed the front and rear sights because i will use optics only.
stock is in good shape and will be perfect for the 'black job'
DOB- 11/94 looks like brand new and has stop pin holes in dovetail rail.
testing this weekend, even in the rain.....targets only getting wet !
i got to find a heavy pellet or preferably a slug for its accuracy because with light stuff, its
too hot to control.
she will be perfect for pest critters on my cardinal feeders close to the house.🧑‍🌾View attachment 411179
I'm guessing that I had a 48 in 22 caliber about the same vintage.. mine was marked RWS/Diana.. and made in Germany.. I got the one piece scope ring mount that was made for it and had the set screw that went down into the spot on the rail.. was a very good and accurate gun.. much better than the 34 in 177 that I had before it..
Mark

Reactions: Billinoregon
Mine shoots well with Crosman Premiere 10.5gr Domed Ultra Magnum. I set it up with an all steel adjustable RWS "C" mount and a Dianawerk muzzle weight. Both items are out of production, but I still see them for sale in classifieds and on Ebay. The mount has dual recoil stop screws spaced specifically for the 48/52. Finished it off with a pair of plug screws in place of the rear sight, and installed sling swivel studs. Great shooter. Squirrels hate it.

Squirrel-48.JPG

C-Mount.JPG

I owned the .177 Model 48, it was a hard hitter but yes a bit squirrelly over 30 yards because of the velocity. Close range it was lights out accurate but at longer distances 40+ yards the groups opened up on mine. Personally, I never found the perfect pellet for mine so sold it. Good luck with yours and post a few groups when you get her figured out.

I have a Diana Air King 54 which uses the same power plant, just with the FWB300 type sliding recoilless action. When I got it, it had a low-power spring, perhaps a British 12-pound version. Motorhead put a Diana 48 spring in, and adjusted the recoilless action. Lovely rifle, but heavy as a tank.

Diana 54 Air King.jpg

I have a Diana Air King 54 which uses the same power plant, just with the FWB300 type sliding recoilless action. When I got it, it had a low-power spring, perhaps a British 12-pound version. Motorhead put a Diana 48 spring in, and adjusted the recoilless action. Lovely rifle, but heavy as a tank.

View attachment 411484

Do you shoot off of that tripod much?

got a package in the mail coming now USPS, its been back to the state it was mailed from twice this week and been to 4 different facilities in Indiana and still hasnt made it to me in 6 days and only had to come 150 miles.
We’re into the busiest shipping time of the whole year for all the shippers. I won’t ship anything important till we get to 2024.

Reactions: fishing43
got a package in the mail coming now USPS, its been back to the state it was mailed from twice this week and been to 4 different facilities in Indiana and still hasnt made it to me in 6 days and only had to come 150 miles.
yes me too ,pkg was in Nashville nov 30 (1.5 hours from my house) now it has arrived in Atlanta Ga 12/3 , it was supposed to arrive 12/2.
EDIT: ordered a part , Nashville screwed it up , as usual ! the nashville depot just does not know where KY is . hahaha

Last edited: