• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.458 350-420gn bullet with large meplat

I have searched about every cast bullet maker for a .458-.459 bullet in the 350-420gn range that has at least a .400 meplat. I cannot find any. Any flat nose I find has a small flat nose instead of a wide flat nose. They make a bullet shape I'm looking for in pistol hunting bullets but that diameter is too small for my barrel.

Anyone know of any .458-.459 bullets with at least a 40 caliber meplat? I don't have any interest in hollow points, splitzers, or round nose.

This is more the nose profile I'm looking for (from Mattsbullets.com) but in 458 caliber.
1679364683429.png

I have looked at the accurate molds and picked out some bullet molds (that one linked was one of them I was considering). I was trying to find someone who casts them already so I didn't have to dive into casting my self. But, that may be the only option, as you stated. With the price of lead now days, there isn't much savings over just buying someone elses cast bullets. If there was still substantial savings, like there was some years back, I would get a melting pot and start casting my own. Once I build a bullet trap, then I'll most likely start casting my own since I'll be able to collect lead.

I bought some berry's plated .458 350gn round shoulders to play with and I may start trying to shoot them backwards and see how they do accuracy wise and velocity wise. The reason I want the wide meplat is: at low velocity, it separates and cuts tissue better, and still give way better penetration than a hollow point.

That 700gn from Matt's is something I would have played with in my 458 Lott, when I still had it.
1679365707323.png