.457 Texan Carbine CF lost air and rattling

So today I was making rounds on the hunting lease and heard some hogs down in the swamp bottom. I always carry my Texan carbine with me, so I decided to go see if I could stalk up some sausage as I am getting low. When I pulled the Texan out of the case, I heard something rattle. I checked the gun over and noticed that it had maybe a couple of hundred pounds of air, but I had filled it up to about 3400 PSI a couple of days ago. Whatever is rattling is in the air tank and sounds like a paint can ball rattling around in there.

So two questions:
1. Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened, and
2. Does anyone know a qualified tech near Brunswick, GA, Savannah, Jacksonville FL area?

Thanks

I have the same gun. I don’t have the answer but would suggest sending the bottle back to Airforce. It should be under warranty. If you don’t mind could you let me know what happened and how you fixed it in case it happens to me. On another note what slugs are you shooting and at what fps? I have been testing out 3 different slugs from NSA and I like them all.

Thanks, yall. It is the TX2 valve. I got ahold of AirForce and described the problem. The guy seemed to recognize it right away - so I take it this is not the first time it's happened. They are shipping me out the valve and a new pressure indicator under warranty as opposed to having to send the gun in. Hopefully I can do the replacement my self.

As for slugs, I have tried several. I was shooting a 300 grain Mr Hollowpoint, but I found that I was not getting passthroughs and no blood trail on either deer or hogs. I was getting kills, but no blood trail to follow. So I switched to the NSA 350 grn boat tails. They are a little harder mix, and have a smaller cup for the hollow point, so maybe I will punch those through and get a blood trail. I haven't had the opportunity to make a kill and find out since getting them.

So here was the problem. The back part of the valve had fallen off the valve stem. That was what was rattling around in the air cylinder. Here's the valve with the broken piece with the new valve above it. Airforce sent me the new valve out under warranty, no problem. They even included a new pressure gauge since mine was not registering completely empty, though it obviously was. All back together now. Filled it back up, opened the back door (it's raining) and blew a big hole in the wet grass with a 350 grain NSA boat-tail. Good to go!.....here piggy piggy

KIMG0331.JPG