4500psi Regulator for very low pressure (non airgun) usage?

Been looking at inflatable kayaks and it occurred to me that if there is a regulator device that steps down to very low pressure, it would be super easy and handy to use.

Might also work well with car tires and bike tires.

Obviously this kind of device should not be some half-as*ed contraption - I expect it would cost a little money to be truly safe and reliable - but does it exist?

20230724_104806-1.jpeg

I use an air bubble, I installed a tee with a foster male that has the internal check valve to fill my bubble and then use the bubble to fill my low pressure tires and such

be sure to turn red valve to "ON" for filling tank
So in layman's terms, an "air bubble" is a secondary / lower pressure tank?

Why is there a fitting marked "150 psi" in this rig? Seems to me you'd need 4500psi rating all over.

Ha! I already own one of these. It takes about a minute to raise a car tire about 5psi.

It might take forever to fill a high volume like a kayak but I will explore it.

Aqua Environment makes the regulator you want. It ain’t cheap though.

dgeesaman,​

I assumed you were going from a compressor, that was short sighted of me, to not consider you might have a bottle, that you want to step down from

I do fill my air bubble from my Coltri mch6, it never gets past 135 psi, I DO NOT LET IT , and takes a couple of minutes or so to reach that pressure,,, I stand right there and watch the entire time,,, easy as can be

I call them bubbles but aka air tanks

Last edited:
Why do think you need a Regulator or flow restrictor???
I have using my 88 cu ft 4500 psi tank fill my tires and inflatables for years......
It called Valve control....
I just crack open the valve slightly to get the air flowing.... and adjust the flow from there.....
But you can't just walk away.... you must monitor the filling....
BTW I just use my Fosters QD socket as my fill nozzle!!
Just push the schrader stem against the O-ring in the Foster Socket!!!
EZ

Reactions: dgeesaman