4500 PSI Tank - Fill Locations

So....

I went to several dive shops in the DFW area and they all told me the same thing - there is some DOT regulation that prevents the dive shops from filling to 4500 psi. So they all said to try the paintball shops. Sure enough, the paintball shops in the area will fill to 4500 psi "on a good day" because their tank charge tops out at 4500 psi, but drains down to 3800 psi during the day when people are filling their paintball guns. The compressor kicks on at 3800 and refills to 4500. So I have to call ahead and ask them to check the tank pressure before driving out to fill a 4500 psi tank. None of the paintball shops water cool the tank while filling, so you either leave it with them to top off or you sit around and wait and top it off yourself. Filling charge was $20 for all I checked. Forgot to ask if there would be a discount if only filling from 3000 to 4500 psi.

Daxx, check with some of the Fire and Safety companies that service the oil and gas companies. They do a lot of SCBA refilling and hydro testing. I know there's been a lot of drilling and production work going on in the area. Check and see is there is a DXP Safety in the area. They fill my stuff from time to time. If you find one that can fill, I'd go down and make personal contact with someone. It's easy for them to say no over the phone.
jimmy

"spysir"Dax, get to a field target match, fun fun! You'll noit only get to meet other local airgun folks but get to find out simple little things like "where to get air".
http://aafta.org/html/organization/organization_aafta_clubs_sw.html

John
Ah, the old "join and we'll tell ya our secrets" ploy. Bait is in the water... :)

In all honesty, I would love to get involved with a club because it does look like tons of fun. But I'm still working on getting my gun, gear, tank, etc. It's my first PCP and I'm actively trying to find fill stations in my area, otherwise, I'm limited to either a hand pump or a very expensive compressor. I much prefer getting a tank filled, throwing it in my truck, and getting to the shooting. I've got my eye on the Luxfer 4350 psi 106 cu ft tank. I'm wondering if the tank can withstand an extra 150 psi up to 4500 from the paintball shop.

I'm very new here (new, as in this is my 1st post) & signed on to get some real world advice on PCP Rifles but that map is a joke. Great of a manufacturer in any market to provide such a tool but it should work. I put in my ZIP & noticed I can't zero in any closer than 100 miles.

OK the closest to my location should be at the top of the --crap! minimum 25 location list! OK but I can just grab the top 2 or 3; they'll be close by. ARGHHH!*&N^%RF#@!?>/

The first seven 7 I got are as follows AND in displayed order are:

1. 1815 Churchill Road, Hillsville, PA 16132
  2. 1143 E. 9th Street, Lockport, IL 60441
  3. 16430 ken-rick ave, Lakeville, MN 55044
  4. 2984 Cathy Lane, Jasper, 47546
  5. 1603 W Belleview Ave , CO , Littleton, CO 80120
  6. 1517 Webster Street, Alameda, CA
  7. 222 East Main Street, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549
    [/LIST=1]

Oh yeah -- my start point: 38105 is NO WHERE near 100 miles from ANY of these!

Well, if you happen to be in Guam, here's a few places;

- Micronesian Divers Association (MDA). I've used them multiple times to fill my SCBA tank to 4500 psi. I believe they charge $3.00 or $3.50 from empty or from 3000 psi.

- Axe Murderer Tours. $3.50 to fill my SCBA tank to 4500 psi. I use them the most because it's a 5 minute drive from my house. Great service!

- Guam Tropical Dive Station. $3.50 to fill an SCBA tank. There service is so so.

• Product Specification: 3L / 30 Cu.Ft capacity, 20-30 MPa / 3000-4500 PSI service pressure, CE certified, Not DOT ( Filling it by yourself ), M18x1.5 bottle screw thread size.
  • Product Structure: Using high-quality raw material AL6061 aluminum alloy liner with full-wrapped carbon fiber and glass fiber winding, external surface treatment is epoxy coated, high strength features creep resistance, shock resistance and corrosion resistance.

Slope unblocked