• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

45 minute SCBA tank/ 5years left and 347 valve and PCP adapter for under $200.00

This may have been shown before. But here is is my experience. I purchased a 45 minute SCBA tank with 5 years and 10 months left on the 15 year life, for $75.00 on eBay. The tank had no valve in it! They had lots of them and were asking $100.00, I offered $65.00 and they countered at $75.00 shipped.I found a 347 tank valve to match tank threads for $25.00 shipped. I was able to buy a pcp 4500 lbs rateded valve with 3’ hose. For $49.00 on eBay. So $75.00+$25.00+$49.00=$149.00 add $30.00 for a fresh hydro and $7.00 for fresh fill! And you have a fresh 45 minute SCBA TANK with over 5 years left on its life for $186.00 These tank were still available last week! Hope this saves some money for some of you! JD 

would you be so kind as to List WHERE you got the additional parts for this tank…i.e. valve gauge hose all to make this work / turn Key for FX

<form action=" class="standard-form" id="send-reply" method="post">

606f1a4cc70df-bpthumb.jpg
Send a Reply

Don’t know if I am allow to show websites? But this should get you what you need, I just checked eBay. Search SCBA tank 4500psi! You will see one that a large box full of valveless tanks. Note, besure the tanks have 7/8x14 tread in the tank. Most Scott tanks here have that thread. Also search CGA347 regulator ($35.00)again besure they are 7/8x14. There are high pressure pcp regulator valves on eBay ($53.00) or they or available on Amazon also for about ($50.00) JD 

Theres a place on facebook marketplace selling 45min tanks for $60 plus shipping. late 2008 so they have a couple years left. I bought one, planning on having it hydrod and then using it for home filling for 5 years or so (buddy has a compressor).. I think my cost was 84 with shipping, with a valve on it. Probably safer for a lot longer than late 2023, may push it farther.. depends on the overall condition and hydro test results. They are retired tanks from pheonix fire dept is what I was told, thats the sticker that is on them too. CGA347 fill station was $60, hose looks like crap but I've got spares in the basement so I'll just put a good whip on it. Figure the fill station can be transferred to a new tank when I get one, so the only real cost here is $84 plus hydro for 5 years ish of use so around $20 a year? Sounds good to me. Plus out of date tanks are selling for around $40-50 on ebay so may even be able to get some money back when I'm done with it. 

No relation to this guy at all, other than I bought a tank from him. I also saw he has them listed on ebay for $75 plus shipping by looking up his business name... Westco Surplus is the business
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/176618374176306/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Buying a used tank that has been stored empty and valveless sounds a bit like a lottery. Do they offer to give you a replacement or your money back if it fails the inspection and hydro test?

Definitely. Moisture is not good, stored with no valve on them would be a serious concern of mine.. hopefully they would refund if failed test, but almost all the ebay ads I saw said no refunds.