Tuning .45 909 new owner

Hello all,

I just purchased a used .45 cal. 909 as I wanted a good looking big bore.

The questions I have are is there any need to tune or modify to get the best out of it and what type of scope that won't get knocked out of true because of the recoil? What type of o-rings should I get and are there assortment kits ( different sizes) that I can get for my air rifles. I have some general plumbing kits in my hands. Are they good enough for the pressures that are involved?

Thank you in advance for your help.

rik

What's "best"? Want 5 even shots per fill you'll need to tune it down. Want all the power it will make, tune it. 

Or just learn it and use it as is, not a thing wrong with that (depending on your uses/goal).

Ace hardware or such o-rings are just fine and there are only 1 or 2 sizes needed -depending on which model you have.

VERY simple design, easy to work on. The power limiting issue is the restriction the receiver/barrel attachment, a home hobbyist will not be able to overcome.

Switching to a delrin valve stem is a great idea then just slot the sides of the valve to allow better airflow. That will get you an extra 100fps w/roundball. And likely give you 2 good shots at 200 yards.

The the twin tube model and single tube model are the same basic design.

valve909.1600976743.1614885281.jpg

valvestem.1600976720.1614885303.jpg

John

Rik,

If you can machine you are in there! I'm sure everything will make sense to you. The one company modding these for (2x times the rifle price) maximum power is just doing the normal tricks, AND machining the receiver "block"/cover removing the stub the barrel slides over (THE airflow restriction in this design) and making a new ( ? , would know the word) that fit's the O.D. of the barrel allowing good flow.

Please keep us posted.

John