$430 for a New PCP

Your Liberty is shooting cheap Crosman Hollow points at 75 yards and you want to get rid of it just because it leaks? 

If you want more than 40 shots at 35fpe. The Liberty is the gun! I have worked with enough Liberty rifles to know that you can get 60 shots at 35fpe with the Liberty. all it takes is changing to a peak poppet. That will take care of the leaking problem, uppping the FPE at 60 shots at the same time. 

But it looks like you are determined and I may have to call ATI on the look out for your parts gun Liberty. ☺️

@Atoni, the groups you’re displaying, where is the POA? A lot of guns can “group”, are they grouping at POA? What pellets are you using for these groups? My first PCP is an Urban, solid little rifle. But it cannot be single loaded, which is fine for hunting or plinking. But I find I like single loading when on my home bench, so I wouldn’t purchase another PCP that couldn’t be singly loaded.

I'm not totally sure what you mean but I'm aiming about 5" up at a different circle because I didn't sight my scope in very well. 

AK

Your Liberty is shooting cheap Crosman Hollow points at 75 yards and you want to get rid of it just because it leaks? 

If you want more than 40 shots at 35fpe. The Liberty is the gun! I have worked with enough Liberty rifles to know that you can get 60 shots at 35fpe with the Liberty. all it takes is changing to a peak poppet. That will take care of the leaking problem, uppping the FPE at 60 shots at the same time. 

But it looks like you are determined and I may have to call ATI on the look out for your parts gun Liberty. ☺️

No. It doesn't shoot Crosmans at long ranges. It groups OK all the way up to 50 yards (maybe .75" 5 shot groups consistently) and beyond that their pretty useless. It shoots Baracudas well (not at 50 weirdly), which are like one of the most expensive pellets ($10 for 200). Also, I hand pump this gun (with a Chinese hand pump). I pump it all the way up to 4k psi (regularly), and it takes me an hour or so to pump it (safely). 

AK

My Buccaneer is very accurate, but it was made a few years ago. On the UK forums they feel the newer BSA's haven't been as well made. They sometimes get fill port leaks as well. The weight is a full 2 lbs heavier as well. Adding a Huma regulator means stripping the components bare and rebuilding the whole gun, so if you are scared to change an O-ring in a Liberty using Banker4's video, forget about Gamo/BSA and you really don't want a Turkish gun like Hatsan. Beeman?, why would you even consider a Beeman PCP? They have less product support than anyone. Not only will you not get parts diagrams and support, but I doubt they even a have a web site.

I would just dive in and find the leak or add a drop of silicone RC shock oil in the fill port and shoot a little and to see if it works the O-rings into place. Some guys have found little things like the de-gassing screw loose.

@Atoni, the groups you’re displaying, where is the POA? A lot of guns can “group”, are they grouping at POA? What pellets are you using for these groups? My first PCP is an Urban, solid little rifle. But it cannot be single loaded, which is fine for hunting or plinking. But I find I like single loading when on my home bench, so I wouldn’t purchase another PCP that couldn’t be singly loaded.

I'm not totally sure what you mean but I'm aiming about 5" up at a different circle because I didn't sight my scope in very well. 

AK

The question was if you are grouping at point of aim. Meaning grouping at your aim point, not just grouping randomly. POA should equal POI.

AK

The question was if you are grouping at point of aim. Meaning grouping at your aim point, not just grouping randomly. POA should equal POI.

OK, I get it now. I’ll try that but I’m not sure what difference that would make. 

AK

A good recommendation is, either keep saving or use a credit card to get what you want. 

You seem to want to try different guns and are not totally satisfied with your liberty. So another suggestion is to work your way up which requires patience. It took me years doing this to get most of my super nice custom guns. I used a strategy, I began a business relationship with a guy that was promoting a new scope at Bushnell so I was able to get three of this particular model at dealer price. 2 years later I sold them for what I paid for them and got a top of the line scope with the money. Doing this was a way to leapfrog into a realm of quality I otherwise might not have gone to. That can be good or bad, lol, $$$$$ 

If you are really smart and really patient you can buy used stuff for cheap and sell it for more money but that is not easy to do. It can be kind of a gamble if you make money or not so you might be stuck with this merchandise for a while or have to let it go for what you paid for it. BUT you get the benefit of trying it out to see what you like and don't like about it which is fun.

AK

OK, I get it now. I’ll try that but I’m not sure what difference that would make. 

AK

The difference is you do want to group where you’re aiming, don’t you?

Forgive my past self ;)

I tried to get this to where I’m aiming at @80 yards but I couldn’t do it successfully and settled on a 9 shot group.

This was on a calm day with very light winds (almost nothing) and I don’t think I pulled any of them. This was with the Baracuda pellets. Somethings wrong..

1589561522_13020532855ebec8b2c07b90.26773494.jpeg

~4” CTC

Up and down was 7/9 was 1” and 9/9 was 2”

Why didn’t I do 10 shots you ask? I don’t know because I thought I did 10 shots. My first shot was at circle #14 and I thought it was close enough to try to do a group. Didn’t work out as you can see.

AK

I would go for a benjamin fortitude gen 2. Its only $300 on pyramid air, and $12 for another magazine. Its extremely quite, regulated, and extremely consistent. I can stack pelets on top of another! A good pelet is the crossman premier hallow domes. With the extra $130 you could get a decent scope. I sometimes even use my fortitude to hunt. I would 100% recommend it!!!!

For me I steer away from Complicated guns that have Multiple different systems within them, like a gun with a Pump in it. I would rather work on the Individual system parts repair Like a Hand Pump, separate. The Fortitude at 5.3 pounds, and its simplicity is great. Add either a Nice Hawk scope. And /or a good multiple dot Reddot,sight as a Open Light weight sighting setup at or under 6 pounds.