• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

400Bar/6000psi chinese compressor

Anyone gotten their hands on thees`e 400bar compressor ?
Kinda been thinking about getting my 1st compressor and saw that there`s now compressors rated for 400bar!
Using a 400bar compressor to fill ag/scuba to 250/300 bar, i would think the problems with pistons breaking should not be a problem for this compressor, or am i missing something? and only 213€ + shipping, tempting...

EDIT: heres a link https://www.ebay.com/itm/40MPa-Air-Compressor-Pump-220V-PCP-Electric-6000PSI-High-Pressure-System-Rifle/173627515458?epid=16025596779&hash=item286d01a242:g:4HYAAOSwhspb4ose

I would take those specifications with a grain of salt. It's the same 300 BAR Vevor, Tuxing or unbranded pump that is marketed on a lot of other sites. Just because it claims something in the description, doesn't make it so. Do you really want to buy a Chinese product from a Czech middle man? If you live in Europe, it might be an option. If you live anywhere else, keep looking. 

For compressors of this kind, I would recommend buying established brands like Yong Heng or Tuxing instead of the one in the link. 

Yong Heng's official specification is just 30 Mpa or 4350 psi although I have been routinely getting 4500 psi out of it without any issues.

For Tuxing, they have a two-part specification: "working pressure 0 - 30 Mpa, max 40 Mpa ( 5800 psi )". I have asked the representative of Tuxing in China whether I can routinely push it to 5800 psi and the answer is affirmative. They claimed that they have tested it but I have some reservation about it. 

1557626634_10229489815cd77f0a635d56.92032090_Capture.JPG

I would take those specifications with a grain of salt. It's the same 300 BAR Vevor, Tuxing or unbranded pump that is marketed on a lot of other sites. Just because it claims something in the description, doesn't make it so. Do you really want to buy a Chinese product from a Czech middle man? If you live in Europe, it might be an option. If you live anywhere else, keep looking.

Yes i do live in Europe, thats why i rather buy from a middle man in Europe to avoid import tax!
Not gonna pull the trigger on a compressor just yet, since in my opinnion the compressor race is just beginning who`s making the good and affordable ones.

But dont you think all the compressors YongHeng, Tuxing etc comes from the same factory ? or made with the same parts ? is there actually big differences on them ?

But dont you think all the compressors YongHeng, Tuxing etc comes from the same factory ? or made with the same parts ? is there actually big differences on them ?

They definitely do not come from the same factory and they do not share all the parts. I believe some are common though. There has been many reports by owners of these compressors getting spare parts that do not fit their machines. At least Tuxing explictely states the difference between their products and the others in their website in China : 

Left is Tuxing , right is the others : 

1557646874_7315797105cd7ce1a3382e8.03606400_Capture1.JPG

1557646884_18471616165cd7ce24971662.61639230_Capture2.JPG

I've worked in wholesale / retail for many many years, 
and one thing that I learned fast was Never to trust the 'claims' that many manufacturers throw out there.. 

When it was time for me to grab a compressor to fill my guns and hp-tank, I opted for an authentic Yong Heng.. 
Their price is right, they're established / trusted, and, they have aftermarket / maintenance parts readily available. 

I have a 90 cubic foot carbon fiber 4500 psi tank that I constantly 'top-off' at 4,700 psi 
Granted my YH is only 5 months old, I've yet to experience any issues with it at all..

Four Thousand Seven Hundred PSI

That type of pressure still makes me shake my head in disbelief, but, it's a reality.. 😃 

Cold water, Royal Purple, Dry cotton filters [Until I get my other setup thrown together] Flawless Operation

Oh, and in the description / paperwork - The YH is also claimed to be a 400 bar max output compressor.. 
Whether or not that's true, I don't plan on going any higher than 300ish bar. 

I'm another one who Highly recommends these things. The Authentic Ones. 

👍 

Sam -