$400 on a Disco

"CptMoonlight"So I have the TKO and I've done some mods myself, but I'm looking at whether to spend all of it on a double tube and a BNM breech or save the money, continue to save and buy a gun I really want. The struggle is real, folks.
I would save to buy the next rifle, you can invest on accessories and such to complement your current and next rifle down the road.

I'm going to repurpose my Discovery for night hunting. Waiting on permission to hunt on a pond near my house, has a million frogs in it. If given the ok I’m going to mount a light to it and use it for night hunting! :) Why a light? It's cheaper and it's illegal in my state to hunt frogs with night vision, I checked lol.

Reactions: CptMoonlight
I have the Disco and did not do any mods except TKO. Have the 25 M-Rod as well. I think the M-Rod is just awesome--but the Disco is pretty darn good for the money. Will say the .25 hits a lot harder than a .22. Unless I have a rich aunt who dies and leaves me bundle--I don't anticipating moving up beyond my "entry level:" guns.

That said-- . The Disco and Pump are 400. And I really believe one can do without a tank. Easy to pump at 2000 psi. The M-Rod plus a big tank--you are talking a grand.. I am getting 16 good shots. But it is an air hog. I often top off the M-Rod with the pump--but I tip the scales at 220. For someone around 150 (a normal person who eats right and exercises) pumping to 3000 could be a real pain in the ass. I think a tank is a necessity.

These are just some thoughts. Only one person's perspective. Good luck--hope everything works out

Bradster, I'm really starting to lean that way also. I'd still like to make it a multi-shot, but I'm just not sure I want to drop a grand making the disco the best it can be, when I can upgrade and buy a better air rifle that can be much, much better than the disco.

And the night hunting idea is awesome! When you get the light rigged up, I'd love to see how you did it!