40-Shot Brocock Magazine review

Having spent some time now with the new chain driven 40-shot clips for the Bantam Sniper (HR and XR) models; wanted to share a few thoughts on this recent addition to the arsenal. These 3D printed magazines are solid, cycle smoothly and are a great way to avoid having to unload and reload magazines as often.

20230519_105759.jpg

I have only shot about 2,500 rounds through it now, but overall I love it. For plinking and paper punching its a treat to be able to run as many shots through it as my high-capacity Impact magazines offer. It took a bit to get used to loading the system; but once you get the hang of it, it's no problem. Much like the FX and other magazines, this one has a clear cover which is magnetic but attaches to the base unit with an elegant 'snap'. The belt is moved around until the starting position, and just like other magazines, the first pellet/slug dropped in will hold everything in place while you load the rest.

I have shot both pellets and NSA and H&N slugs out of this, both cycle and operate as smoothly as expected.

It's been fun to use for target challenges and any type of bench shooting. While I don't know that I would take it hunting necessarily due to the ergonomics, it's great for getting a higher shot count without having to change magazines every 10-15 shots. With three of these .22 caliber magazines full, I can run my brock's tank from completely full right down to just starting to come off the regulator at high power. It's perfect!

20230519_105803.jpg

Most of my shooting so far has been beyond 70 yards, I only run on the highest power setting. However on a lower power setting you could probably use 5+ magazines.
It's simply great for just allowing you to sit down a shoot, and shoot and then shoot some more.

For shooting FT, silhouettes, cans or paper, this is an absolute joy! While I typically run my 18 shot magazines when hunting, which are a great improvements over the OEM offering, I find that I'm partial to this higher capacity magazines when sitting at a bench.

So far, I'm loving it, only trouble is, I'm diminishing my ammo supply quite quickly, but man is it FUN!!!

20230519_105807.jpg