• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

40 dollar moderator, surely this is a joke....right..buck rail?

Wokdaf

Jan 8, 2023
Nc
So after reading reviews of all the different makers and finding reviews all over the place, I just couldn't justify spending over 1/3 of what I spent for my gun on a moderator, aea 30/32" standard. So, seeing some good reviews, a few not, I decided to give buck rail a try. I mean, it's not gonna get you pissed if it doesn't perform right?

With that being said, I don't have a decibel reader or anything like that. All I can say is that the end results were 1) I no longer have to wear ear protection. 2) The loudest part of the shot was the impact of a 61.5 gr slug going at 1050fps and 100gr slugs or 875fps on some wood backed up by metal. So my fpe's were in the neighborhood of 145-170fpe. I can finally hear the impact of that slug and dammit it's loud! Prior to that, it was just a loud BOOOOOOM, much like a PB, and that's all I heard. Oops, I forgot about ears ringing. I reckon the sound is like slapping a table with fat heavy fly swatter. NOW, I no longer have to wear ear protection. I'm sure it would still be good practice but, it doesn't hurt my ears anymore not having them on.

Buck Rail's moderator is 100% worth the money AND more all things considered. We'll see about longevity as I literally just put it to use today.

I had a buckrail on my liberty.22 that's putting out around 50 fpe and until the shroud got twisted and the ldc blown apart the hammer spring and the slug hitting the back stop was just about all I heard.

I kept expectations low since I really didn’t see any guns shooting 150+ fpe being talked about with this moderator. Maybe there was, I just didn’t see. I’m just glad there’s guys like Terry who is challenging the status quo that, it has to be expensive to be good. I’m practical and am not on the expensive = better ..especially from an ROI perspective

Buck rail tamed this beast" it was Buck rail or i had to move"

IMG_3735.JPG

I only have...maybe 5?😅
Is that where u wanna be when Jesus comes?? Hoarding moderators???? That's ok, NOW that I know, rest assure I'll be reporting hoarders to Terry! At first I was thinking ooh still a bit loud..I didn't realize that was just the slug slamming into the backstop haah. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have to be back yard friendly where I live cause it's in BFE...but my ears..oh they're so happy.

Is that where u wanna be when Jesus comes?? Hoarding moderators???? That's ok, NOW that I know, rest assure I'll be reporting hoarders to Terry! At first I was thinking ooh still a bit loud..I didn't realize that was just the slug slamming into the backstop haah. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have to be back yard friendly where I live cause it's in BFE...but my ears..oh they're so happy.
Mine are all attached to a slinger(no safe queens). All are put to use. It's not hoarding if you actually USE them🥴🤪🤙🤣

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
My f around beater is a cheap Jet 2, in .25 and it's LOUD. I bought it when it first came out. First thing I did was order a moderator from Terry the next day. Had it on the gun ever since. Almost a year. It's had the hell beat out of it, but by god it's still keeping the gun no louder than a Red Ryder.
I just ordered one for my new Jet 1.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore