40 - 60x scope

This is the one the wife is running right now. Great scope, illuminated reticle also....

Looks like Cameralandny has them for about 1100.00

The lower end, but no illuminated reticle

We had a chance to preview each of these and the ETR is hands down better.

Tony P.

Reactions: Solo1
I have a Sightron 10-50x60 and a Vector Minotaur 12-60x60. I think they both have illuminated reticles but I haven’t used that feature on either of them. The Sightron has a thicker, easier to see reticle than the Vector scope. They are both clear but I get more CA out of the Sightron. It’s mainly a problem if it’s not perfectly in focus. That could be good or bad depending on your use case. The magnifications look really similar when looking through each. That could be a difference in FOV or maybe some other effect I’m not aware of.

Tony P. Is your review posted anywhere? I read someplace the Heras was pretty good up to 50x. But has no illumination. Does anybody have the Ares at below retail?
Keep in mind these are Bench Rest scopes, not designed for "snap" shooting.
We were at RMAC when they were coming out and Dustin (Athlon rep) let me mount the Heras version on my ghost and shoot it. He Had the Ares there, but not mounted …. They both were good, but the glass on the Ares is much better…

The wife has the Ares on her HFT rifle right now, but at 15 power….when ranging with that scope 45-50-55 pretty much snap into focus better that the Midas Tac I am using

After looking through a Heras 15-60x56, I bought the Ares, not necessarily for the better glass, but because it has a lit reticle. Generally, I don’t like to use a lit reticle. A thick reticle is my preference. The Heras and Ares have very thin reticles, so I opted for the light. After detecting some binding issues in the focus mechanism, my Ares was replaced via Athlon warranty. I have been setting up this Ares for use on a WFTF rifle, and I’m impressed with it. It’s my first scope that goes over 32x, so take that impression for what it’s worth. If things go well, I’ll finally be able to test it in a match early next month.