• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

4 Quarters Challenge

Ok, here it is for all you “long knockers” with Airgun slugs. I dreamed the concept up, but @stoti gave me the name. So for all you shooters talking about long range (greater than 150 yards) shooting, I’m going to make it easy on you and only require four shots between 150 and 200 yards. You don’t even need to go over 200 although I’ve read all the 300+ yard posts. 

So here’s how it works. Just put four quarters at ranges between 150 and 200 yards (each at a different distance, one at 150, one at 200, and the other two between 170 and 180 yards). One each N, W, S and E from your position in a breezy 5+ mph (doesn’t even have to be windy) day, and shoot a slug (one slug only) at each quarter. NO SIGHTERS!!!

Let us all know how you do. Video would be nice but not necessary, we’re all adults and can go on the honor system. My money is on zero success, but someone might get lucky so I’ll say 1 of 4 would be incredible. Not trying to sound too negative, but hitting all four is probably much harder than shooting a 250 in sanctioned 100 yard Airgun BR competition (which has never been done). Note I said actual competition like EBR, RMAC or PAC, not in practice. 

I'm happy to say I can....... :)

I’m sure most shooters that post about 250+ yard shots can easily find somewhere that has a mere 200 yards to shoot... if you can’t go all directions then go as best you can.

The intent is to shoot four shots with different wind direction at differing distances from 150 to 200 yards, one shot only, no sighters. This simulates a real world long distance hunting situation at a small animal such as a ground squirrel.

Cardboard box and tape, plus quarter. Easy day... ;)

Or rest the quarter up against a rock, or in the crack on a fence post, a crack in the dirt, etc... Hey CC. if they don't have 200yds in all directions, why not just have the targets in a straight line at 150, 170, 180, and 200yds or whatever. It's not going to help much, a little with reading the wind but it's still going to be so hard. With no sighters, I don't think it's going to matter much. I don't have a scope cam so my difficulty, besides hitting the quarters, is going to be filming it. If I hit anything, I want it on camera! lol

Stoti

I believe my property has the distances in appropriate directions, and isn't too far for YOU to take your own challenge up. Might be problem finding a day with wind that light in every direction tho. But a problem is the slugs, nix on them .... they go too far for my concerns ... proper backstop an all if you miss. So I'll let you take a shot from 150, and one from 200, both in the Southerly direction, and if you hit even one, I'll let you take the other two more from the North. An forget the quarter, I'll let you shoot at a 45oz beer can! Missit an Chuggit.

In or out?