• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

4 Hholes pellets molds

This is a post purely for sharing
It does not involve advertising or trading. I have not officially joined the forum and have already applied and are waiting for Mr. Mike's approval.
This is an interesting design, the design theme is lightweight, to reduce the weight of the mold
In the end, I successfully reduced it to less than 0.5 kilograms.
This is a semi-automatic mold. You only need to put in the material, flat bottom punch - pointed bottom punch - flat bottom punch, and you can get 4 full and precise pellets. The pellets produced by the four holes have the same weight. of.
The size of pellets is 6.35-6.36, tolerance +0.01MM
The resulting pellets are as bright as a mirror.
The mold uses 440C stainless steel, and the hardness reaches HRC 55 after heat treatment.
This material is difficult to rust, and the mold adopts mirror technology. The final effect is as bright as a mirror
This mold requires the use of: Mirror surface grinder-ordinary CNC-slow wire cutting-processed by high-precision Makino IQ500
It takes a week to complete the entire process to produce a high-quality pellets mold. This mold has no service life and can be used almost for a lifetime, provided you use it correctly.

IMG_20231105_144210_152.jpg

The lead material has been stored for too long, and the lead made in China has no anti-corrosion design, causing the lead to turn black. In fact, if you use new lead, the pellets will be the same as the mirror. You can look at the first pellets on the left. The tail skirt part is the real effect, just like a mirror.

IMG_20231105_142934.jpg

IMG_20231105_142813.jpg

IMG_20231105_142855.jpg

IMG_20231105_142835.jpg

IMG_20231105_142744.jpg

IMG_20231105_142702.jpg

IMG_20231105_142619.jpg

IMG_20231105_142631.jpg

The molds and the overall manufacturing look impressive, I was a CNC programmer for over 15 years and I have eyes.
But...
I spent a lot of time and money shooting target rings and testing over 15 brand pellets and many various weights, and I learned that not all the same performers.
I know which Brand and weight shoots well @ 50 meters and which shoots well @ 100 meters out of my FX liners, and I have six different twist rate.
.25 cal 36gn looks OK for 100 meters rings, let see the center of gravity and runout relations.
Any sample pack you can provide or sell me to test?

Reactions: 928487381
The molds and the overall manufacturing look impressive, I was a CNC programmer for over 15 years and I have eyes.
But...
I spent a lot of time and money shooting target rings and testing over 15 brand pellets and many various weights, and I learned that not all the same performers.
I know which Brand and weight shoots well @ 50 meters and which shoots well @ 100 meters out of my FX liners, and I have six different twist rate.
.25 cal 36gn looks OK for 100 meters rings, let see the center of gravity and runout relations.
Any sample pack you can provide or sell me to test?
I'm glad we have a common topic. I haven't been approved by the forum yet, so I can't provide you with any services yet. When I get approved, I will mail you samples.

Unlocked? What's the meaning?
As you said in your first post: "I have not officially joined the forum and have already applied and are waiting for Mr. Mike's approval."
Did you got the approval? So we can start talking...also I would buy some sample packs, couple hundred pellets I would need to test 50-70-100 meters shooting target rings.
Btw, the picture is not finished...how you open the mold?

Reactions: 928487381
As you said in your first post: "I have not officially joined the forum and have already applied and are waiting for Mr. Mike's approval."
Did you got the approval? So we can start talking...also I would buy some sample packs, couple hundred pellets I would need to test 50-70-100 meters shooting target rings.
Btw, the picture is not finished...how you open the mold?
There is an internal hexagonal screw. You only need to loosen this internal hexagonal screw to separate the mold and take out the pellets.