• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

3L tanks on big auction site

More questions from this newbie: What are your thoughts on the 3L 4500 PSI Chinese made tanks with fill line that are all over the big auction site? Are they any good, and would I need any other accessories to make it work for my Marauder. Also, how many fills could I expect to get from a bottle filled to 4500 PSI and the Marauder cylinder holds 215cc? I know AOA has a tank fill calculator, but I don't know how 3L translates to cubic feet or inches.

I think 3L is a 30 minute tank. You can't do a direct conversion to cubic feet, but you can convert to cubic inches. 3L is 183 ci. Joe B's guppy is 121 ci, IIRC. So you're looking at about 50% more air than a guppy.

I have been very hesitant to buy these chinese tanks, but it appears that they have presented themselves in droves as the small 4500psi tank on bottle guns. It looks like the new FX bottles are chinese tanks along with all those 580cc tanks were starting to see. The biggest concern might be if they are DOT certified to be filled by dive shops in the US. If they are US DOT certified you might not be able to get a store to fill them.

I purchased a 6.8L tank with dual gauge fill assembly from Acecare. No, it is not DOT certified but I have a YH to fill it. My tank is well constructed, the fill assembly works very well and the gauges are accurate. I am very happy with my purchase. Fill valve assembly and fill station set up.

1579298768_9925878155e222fd0264ac5.08902939_20190918_213247.jpg
1579298769_20786543935e222fd18b81b2.52467472_20190918_191822.jpg

Oops, brain fart. Edited post for tank size.

Thanks, ctshooter. I have a Yong Heng compressor, so I should not need a dive shop. 

I am not familiar with a 30 minute tank or a guppy, so tell me how many fills I could expect with it on a 215 cc Marauder cylinder and I can get a better idea what 3L would do.

I have seen those three liter, 4500 PSI tanks listed as holding 30 cubic foot of compressed air. That jives with some numbers I came up with for some smaller tanks some months ago so I'll assume it's at least close. I don't believe that the three liter tanks are as big as 30 minute tanks, which hold 45 cubic feet of air at 4500 PSI.

Using the fill calculator on Airguns of Arizona's site you'll get 22.9 fills assuming you fill the gun once it drops to 2000 PSI and fill it to 2900 PSI.

Here is the link to the calculator: Please double check my number by putting in your own values. I did this quick.

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/Tanks/FillCalc.html

And here is a link to a 3L tank indicating 30 cubic foot capacity.

https://www.amazon.com/IORMAN-4500psi-Paintball-Composite-Cylinder/dp/B07JYZXLRJ

A 3 liter tank is a 20 minute air tank if it is used by a firefighter. The 30 minute tanks are 4.5 liter capacity. A 6.8 liter size is a 45 minute tank. The 9 liter capacity size is a 60 minute tank. I've never seen any retailer who sells new 4.5 liter carbon fiber tanks to airgunners. I've only seen them sold used on websites like Ebay.

I have owned every one of these tank sizes including the 3 liter tanks sold on Aliexpress. The 3 liter size was very convenient to carry but I didn't like the small number of fills it provided since I have several rifles with 480cc cylinders holding 250 bar. I've finally settled on a 6.8L tank as the perfect trade off of size, carry weight, and fills provided. I'd rather not run my compressor as often just for the convenience of a small fill tank. A 3 liter tank only provides 4 full fills for a 480cc cylinder at 250 bar before needing a refill itself.