• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

3d printed targets?

All right... here's a thought: for some reason I get a little bit tired shooting paper... the 10 year old in me is still alive and well, and still likes to destroy something from time to time. Thought it might be fun to make some targets I could print on my 3-D printer. I should be able to knock out the + in the middle of the inner circle if I hit it just right on this example here. 

Any good ideas for designs to print that might be fun challenges and take advantage of the fact that they have some depth to them? what I have here isn't super creative - there must be better ideas. If you all can help me come up with a good design I can set one up and share the file... A pic of a rough doodle on the back of a napkin might be enough to get the idea acros.

86425E1E-9696-4575-AA06-0F81BFB0F18C.1609203226.jpeg

Those wood targets with laser cutouts look great - I'd buy those for sure. I think I could make something like those but my ability to draw is limited. A simple shape with targets to shoot out would be easy. A pheasant or crow would be harder (at least for me) since I haven't messed with freehand 3D tools. There is a way to take a line drawing and make it into a flat paddle-like 3-D silhouette. Then creating the target cut out would be a simple matter.

a reasonably large silhouette target is a 35 - 60 minute job... a little long to wait but if I start it printing when I go shoot, I have a fresh one waiting for me when I'm done. 

I don’t have a 3-d printer but we don’t have any problem finding reactive targets. We just keep adding a little more to our range all the time. Army men, Lego men, old play toys, eggs, compact discs, little metal spinner targets, blast caps, 4 sided, metal ABC targets, exploding golf balls and metal gongs at longer distances. We just buy some stuff here and there and find stuff around the house to use too...Sugar cubes, paint balls, old spoons, and stuff like that. My boys even like smearing tuna on our 50yd target and shooting flies in the summer. It won’t take long and you’ll have a sweet, very fun, shooting range. 

Stoti

BC186613-7D86-4B54-8968-F28704783213.1609222039.jpeg
A3881657-6FF3-4B42-B4A7-567F16F7F9C2.1609222090.jpeg
334D4795-81F5-41A9-8768-DC1054017731.1609222146.jpeg
1FBDABE5-9DAD-4372-8C41-A4B28BA2D6BA.1609222257.jpeg

Haha destroying targets is so much fun. Few days ago i set standard air rifle small gong target at 150yards and shoot it with impact in .25 with 37gr bullet.. haha. Well there is no more small gong, just a piece of triple bended metal, lol. Also shoot at 270yards and still you dont want to be hit with that. You can hear the loud hit in the dirt.

"Airguns guns are not air guns anymore" :)

You need to buy yourself some cheap AR500 targets on EBay. We got some 2”, 3”, 4”, 5”. and 6”. You won’t be able to shoot through them with an air gun! We also have some of the ABC 4 in 1 cubes. They are awesome and very durable too. My Impact is a 75FPE air gun and even the small swinging ABC targets will hold up for quite a while because they deflect the projectile. They are beat up but we shoot them a lot. They’re all pretty cheap and well worth it if you shoot a lot.

Have a good one. Stoti

You need to buy yourself some cheap AR500 targets on EBay...

I just saw these AR500 targets on sale on another forum:

https://www.xsteeltargets.com/collections/on-sale-now?fbclid=IwAR2mEQLPxhiebqBaUvBQaSmAkBjW6sqwn-2SUHF4dzK1IRxnoRr_8ri6pHI

Picked up a couple of 3" targets and some hangers. Hangers really interested me since they attach to t-posts, which should be quick and easy for temporary set up at 100 yards at the Cowboy range.

I've seen good reviews on their stuff (by powder burning shooters) and they have flat rate shipping ($14) which seemed pretty reasonable to me.