• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

3D printed air guns are here!!

I made a crappy review about a cheap airsoft pistol, that isn't that bad for indoor plinking/toying around.

Also, I give an update to a 3D printed AIR handgun that I am designing right now, it will be 23 cm long, single or double action, interchangeable caliber, plus all you will need is 60 bucks in materials. (It uses a the Crossman 2240 PCP kit from E-bay retailers plus a Gamo PT80 tactical edition barrel that cost around 8 to 12 bucks). And... that's it, the rest is moved by rubberbands.

I wanted to make this pistol, to prove that, making a double action pcp PISTOL that is not an oversized abomination for less than 100 bucks is perfectly possible.
Because... c'mon... the Huben K1 pistol, new evanix pistol etc... over 1000 bucks!!! WTF!!! there is no way that those can cost nearly that much to do. Well, if you don't like it, make it yourself...

Reactions: fe7565
I would think the number one reason for the high cost is the guarantee that the materials can withstand the pressures applied to them.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Nah... I purchase a Soeger 20 bucks 0.2l HPA bottle (not the bulky aluminium ones, but a lightwheigt steel one rated at 3000 PSI) and a 6000 PSI pump for 30 bucks on aliexpress years ago, of course I will never dare to put it at that pressure... but it's good enough for pumping my PP800, also, you can get high pressure filters about the size of a small reservoir for pretty cheap:

In fact, I'm pretty sure that the PCP kit for the crossman 2240/1377 uses one of those.

The idea is just make the gun in 3D around it with a charging system actionated by trigger pull... wich is not gonna be short or easy, cause you need to compress the spring, but for precision shooting you will be hable to pre-charge the thing and therefore it will be smooth and short as it should be.

Power figures.... I supose it will give 15 FPE or so, you can always attach a barrel extension, cause I plan to tread the endcap and make some add-ons, and another barrel cost just 10 bucks, or you can play with port diameter, I also see that Aliexpress is selling compatible pin poms and pieces.

As for the kit itself... it needs work, I ordered 2 and you better dissasemble and clean it right away, even scratch rust inside, but they worked on my crossman 2240.

I really wanted the Huben K1 pistol, I'm even willing to pay 500 bucks, and I'm from a poopty country where that is much, even knowing that the thing doesn't cost a fraction of it to made... but 1300... Holy poop, they have no shame at all.

Last edited:
Two thoughts:

1. Gamo does not sell parts.

2. Manufacturing a gun without a serial number is illegal in the U.S.

Yes it does:

I chose this because its small (so less distance bethween port/chamber/barrel) large and cheap, I see that they increased it's price a few bucks... but still cheap.

Barrel is about 8 inch btw.

I dont think I am manufacturing any gun, its just a mod for a PCP mod... in my country the laws are more restrictive, I am investigating how to do it legally, if it's impossible, I'm gonna print the indispensable to check that everything works ok whitout being a functional gun.

Yes it does:

I chose this because its small (so less distance bethween port/chamber/barrel) large and cheap, I see that they increased it's price a few bucks... but still cheap.

Barrel is about 8 inch btw.

I dont think I am manufacturing any gun, its just a mod for a PCP mod... in my country the laws are more restrictive, I am investigating how to do it legally, if it's impossible, I'm gonna print the indispensable to check that everything works ok whitout being a functional gun.
This Spanish Gamo firm that you supplied links to has some interesting pistol parts, but when you attempt to purchase them you discover that the U.S.A. is not on the selection list of countries to ship to.

The US has its own Gamo and they only sell maintenance parts like O-rings and accessories.

This Spanish Gamo firm that you supplied links to has some interesting pistol parts, but when you attempt to purchase them you discover that the U.S.A. is not on the selection list of countries to ship to.

The US has its own Gamo and they only sell maintenance parts like O-rings and accessories.
The guy is in Spain, so what's the problem?

Thank you for that information.

The problem:

He attempted to dispute me when I claimed that Gamo did not sell parts (in the U.S.A.).

He also wasted my time by suggesting Spanish parts sources that I cannot use.
It seems to me the problem was you assumed he was here in the states without checking first. How would he have known gamo's policy for us?
Because you cannot access the sources doesn't mean someone else can't. There are international members here.
As for the wasting of time, that is purely on you. Had you done your due diligence, you could have made better choices other than starting an argument that benefits no one.

Well... I also want people of the states being hable to print my 3D PCP pistol, I didn't know that Gamo dont sell parts to you, so... is there any equivalent of a cheap, crappy barrel of at least 17cm (6,7 inch) with small OD? I can made a version for thoso who can't get the barrel, but I must know exacly the OD of the cheapest barrel available in the states.

3D printed airguns... I guess we will see some videos sooner or later about such guns exploding.
Nervous.gif

Well... I also want people of the states being hable to print my 3D PCP pistol, I didn't know that Gamo dont sell parts to you, so... is there any equivalent of a cheap, crappy barrel of at least 17cm (6,7 inch) with small OD? I can made a version for thoso who can't get the barrel, but I must know exacly the OD of the cheapest barrel available in the states.
Crosman 13xx and 22xx barrels are 11.05mm OD. They are also cheap and readily available.

3D printed airguns... I guess we will see some videos sooner or later about such guns exploding.
View attachment 370732
Probably not, if the design will be done and executed correctly, because with lower powered airguns there will be little backpressure and almost no, if barely any recoil. If the Harlot in .22LR by BLC was able to hold up to .22LR with a printed/plastic breech (I'm talking about the breechplate through which the firing pin comes out and hits the primer, or well in case of a rimfire cartridge, the rim), then a lower powered airgun shouldn't have any issues at holding the pressure back... with air pressure in a moderately powerful .22 airgun we're talking about up to 2000 psi, giving some 35 Joules of muzzle energy with an 18 grain pellets, instead of MAX 24.000 psi for .22LR (according to SAAMI) giving 160J - 120ft/lbs of ME with a 40gr round-nosed bullet.

Reactions: Savagefox
Hey Fox, look up "explosion-proof tube" on AliExpress, you've got all kinds of bores of calibers already made, 24-40 Euros per piece.

BTW, do you happen to know to what pressure are Gamo's Bull, Whisper-Fusion or even Storm barrels rated?! The tubing is quite thin, but the steel feels kind of strong... Do you think that they're made of stronger steel than Hatsans barrels?

Hey Fox, look up "explosion-proof tube" on AliExpress, you've got all kinds of bores of calibers already made, 24-40 Euros per piece.

BTW, do you happen to know to what pressure are Gamo's Bull, Whisper-Fusion or even Storm barrels rated?! The tubing is quite thin, but the steel feels kind of strong... Do you think that they're made of stronger steel than Hatsans barrels?

I know the aliexpress ''tubes'' and I even have a couple. Problem, you will also need a rifling button wich you can get at the same web + some equipment (a small diameter steel rod, a hammer and a lot of patience). But.... the weight of those barrels is just too much for airguns. You don't need that much steel to contain the pressures of any pcp you can make. I experimented with brass, aluminium and copper pipes as low as 1mm thickness, shooting 16mm marbles (note all marbles are not created equal... but in a 1 buck bag you found plenty of 16mm fits) out from a HDP.50 in co2 and pcp remoted at 1100 PSI with no problem. Why brass and cooper? those materials are better heat conductors than aluminium, and aluminium are a better conductor than steel. The pressured gases needs temperature to expand, its a bit counter intuitive, but your Co2 gun freezes when it shoot because the gas steals the heat of the barrel, that why Co2 greatly benefits in power with bigger bores, cause you give it more surface to steal heat and expand. In pcp the power difference beetween materials, as long its metal didnt worth going that far, plus, a brass or aluminium barrel it's only good for projectiles from softer materials that the barrel itself, thats why steel is the common choice.

The pressure difference with firearms is insane, with an airgun you will be fine with small barrel thickness. If you want power with air, you need surface and distance, big diameters and long barrels, it doesn't really matter the thickness, almost anything will be in safe range, ****, the stock 2240 and 1377 have crappy plastic breeches, and even your standard Co2 plinkers have tiny plastic cilinders to allocate the pellets.

Reactions: Triglav