• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

3D Bits N Bobbles..

Before I get too far down this rabbit hole, I would like to gauge the interest in 3D printed parts. Mostly moderators and simple, multi use items. Specialized things like AG specific mags and such could be possible in the future.

I have both PLA filament printing capabilities as well as resin. I don't prefer PLA due to low melt and high deformation and low tolerances.

So I am primarily planning resin with "ABS-like" properties. Colors are limited but paint is cheap and easy.

This is a hobby to me as I work full time and have a life outside of here, but at the same time if I can score some scratch and save you guys some then we all win.
Here is a barrel band and "moderator" that I made on my Avenger. I don't have a sound meter so can't tell ya the exact reduction numbers but could send one to someone with one and they could review it with facts. The barrel band doesn't have the nuts n bolts yet but is real snug to start with so it should tighten up nicely.

IMG_20230222_121847_391.jpg

This is a set of gauge covers for the Avenger. I can size it to what ya need if you get me a solid measurement.
IMG_20230222_113552_029.jpg

I have a few other items in mind to make. Like I said mainly mods and bits but am not scared to take on a new idea. If you are able to send me a CAD/STL/usable file then I can probably get it printed.

So what do you folks think? Worth the try? Or waste of my time?

Mook

Yeah was thinking of white as well as translucent green... Zombie-ish. The resin colors are wayyyy more limited than PLA filament but again it's better IMO. Gonna try a "swirl" pattern as well and see how that goes for larger items.

Made some pill bottles and sorting boxes for folks who like to weigh out their ammo as well as keep it in better condition.

Thanx for the encouragement, anything that you could put to use or are in need of?

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Yeah was thinking of white as well as translucent green... Zombie-ish. The resin colors are wayyyy more limited than PLA filament but again it's better IMO. Gonna try a "swirl" pattern as well and see how that goes for larger items.

Made some pill bottles and sorting boxes for folks who like to weigh out their ammo as well as keep it in better condition.

Thanx for the encouragement, anything that you could put to use or are in need of?
I did manage to tighten a buck-rail tube rail and put a crack in it😵‍💫
Other than that🤔
Oh!!!
If you could design a pellet pen that "drops" pellets down, flat. Instead of point down; you know? Seen loads of people looking for an alternative...me included. Mainly for non break barrel breech load

Other than that🤔
Oh!!!
If you could design a pellet pen that "drops" pellets down, flat. Instead of point down; you know? Seen loads of people looking for an alternative...me included. Mainly for non break barrel breech load
Ooh, that is a good idea. Best thing to do here is likely do a poll for most common pellet size and weight and design the first prototype around that pellet.

• Love
I dig it🤙
Really like that you are using a different color than the standard black n shiny. I've seen alot of people wanting different grips. Not sure how big you can print but maybe check into that area. 🤔 front sights seem to be a hard to find part too. Just giving you some ideas🤪🤙
Good work🤌
Missed the answer on this.. I can print about 1 foot square...

Some time back someone made pellet tins with 3 printing. thy had screw on lids. was that you?
It was not me, but those are things I am planning on making... Yes on screw lids as press lids are meh in my opinion...

I have made this one... The lid didn't survive the rush to get it off the plate, so I gotta remake it.
IMG_20230223_092839_199~2.jpg

This finished this morning.
IMG_20230223_093834_478.jpg

There are many 3D printing enthusiasts on this forum, more the better! Lots of things we can make to make our hobbies better and more fun!
Yeah I have seen a few.. and I have no doubt that the designs I am using were started by someone here .. but I don't know who that person is yet. Some folks wish they could have something made but don't wanna deal with having the whole printer for a few items... Like me... But I get tired of trying to find someone to make me what I want and end up with the whole setup... To do it myself...

Reactions: qball
Other than that🤔
Oh!!!
My mod skills are new but in the world of PCs not a sweaty type of work... I will see what is out there and see if I can modd one around to work..

I'm curious how many folks sort their pellets and want them one at a time compared to an open face tin that ya dig around in. I have some ideas in mind that could be interesting to use but not sure how many actually would.

Ooh, that is a good idea. Best thing to do here is likely do a poll for most common pellet size and weight and design the first prototype around that pellet.
Yeah I was going with 22 cal to start as that's what I have to test things with. 177 is the dominant in selection available, but out of 177, 20,22,25 I can scale things up and down pretty easily to allow the items to work.

Reactions: Apohlo