Crosman 3622 - On to Optic 👍

After 5 shots to adjust, this is the first 5 shot group at 33 feet, muzzle to target.

Baracuda 18 at 700fps.

Open sights.

20240306_123619.jpg

The barrel is match grade.

Reactions: CrosmanEngineer
Do you think that a 1322/1377 could be converted to PCP using some of the parts from the 3622?
No. The tube and fill cap are the things that make it a pcp. You could convert a 3622 to pistol grip, though. Would be a sweet looking tactical pcp that weighs almost nothing.
Looks good so far. Would like to see accuracy stretched out to 20 or 25 yd.

Appreciate the write up. Enjoying seeing your progression.
I will. I have no doubt I will have to qualify the match grade statement with this crowd. I shoot enough to be able to tell, it's wicked accurate.

Reactions: seanfrev
Thanks for such a great review, I'm looking forward to the 3677 coming out 👍
Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to the .177 as well.

A couple more small details to note:

The added barrel trim shims, bringing the barrel up to where it should be, slightly increased the gap at the muzzle and made the gap consistent the whole length of the tube, which gave the quick disconnect coupler room to be attached to the foster without any interference with the front sight.

The trigger was lightened by an old 2260 trick of swapping the return spring with a shortened clicker pen spring and slightly bending the leg of the main spring that rides on the safety toggle when installed. If you do this, be careful not to bend the spring leg too far because if it's bent too far the safety won't catch and the hammer won't engage the sear when cocked. When done correctly it makes a really nice 2 stage trigger for free.

Reactions: Jeff B
@Momar2,

These do have a standard 7/16" OD barrel?
Yep.

I'm sure you saw but it's NOT the same barrel as the 362. Much finer finish and better rifling. Shockingly accurate, still deciding on the best way to keep the budget low with an optic. I think I have a plan.

Luckily for me the barrel is so accurate I wouldn't think of replacing it so that also rules out a moderator purchase. I've still contemplated buying a 2260 and parting it out to get a 24" barrel for "free" but I'm currently sick of selling stuff on eBay.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Yep.

I'm sure you saw but it's NOT the same barrel as the 362. Much finer finish and better rifling. Shockingly accurate, still deciding on the best way to keep the budget low with an optic. I think I have a plan.

Luckily for me the barrel is so accurate I wouldn't think of replacing it so that also rules out a moderator purchase. I've still contemplated buying a 2260 and parting it out to get a 24" barrel for "free" but I'm currently sick of selling stuff on eBay.
You could order a 24 inch from crosman parts. I think they'll still sell those, if they have them in stock.

I'm fine with the 21" on these. I will most likely get a multi shot breech and add a shroud when I drop it in the K98 stock.

Reactions: Momar2
The air gun expertise here is impressive. So I feel kind of dumb asking why it seems there’s no place on which to mount a scope? Or is this particular model designed for bench shooting with iron sights? Thanks for helping me understand this new rifle.
Lots of people enjoy shooting with open sights. A scope is actually a crutch that can add complexity to the experience.

This model isn't necessarily designed for bench shooting, it's particularly marketed for pesting and hunting. It is a great gun as-is for squirrel and rabbit sized game. I intend to use it in the field and am seriously considering a 2x red dot sight. 15-20 fpe guns really shouldn't be used for hunting past about 40 yards anyway. I could easily hit a squirrel or rabbit in the head at 30 yards with the factory sights so a scope is really just to make double sure of precision shots. It would help also with birds like Eurasian doves. As is it's a 4lb gun which also makes it a great choice for field use, and adding a fullsize scope of course adds weight.

There is always the option of running the crosman Intermounts. 459MT I believe is the part number for the ones to fit the 7/16" barrels. It puts the scope a little too forward, but that can be remedied with a riser rail or offset mounts.

There are also tons of options in 3D print that will add a rail to these guns... well, at least for the 13xx/22xx guns. Should work on this too.

Reactions: Rivegauche
Heck with it, I ordered the AGMods picatinny breech since I can use the factory bolt and i already have a 4x32 compact scope that should work fine with the short length of pull. It also means my spending on optics and likely this entire build is all wrapped up for $38 over purchase price.

These are made in the USA by the same guy that makes TKO suppressors. Just down the road from me in Omaha. Keeping it all US built and supporting a local airgun company. Win/Win.

He already marked as shipped. Possibly be here Saturday.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein