Crosman 362 Anniversary Edition question

I just got my new Anniversary 362 from Pyramyd and it doesn’t dump all the air when pumped from 6 to 8 shoots. After I shoot, I cock it again to dump any remaining air. On 7 pumps I get consistent chrony numbers from 623 fps to 627 fps with 13.4 gr JSB, but on 8 pumps it can be erratic. Anyone experience this? Does the rifle just need to break in, or is it a warranty issue?

I just got my new Anniversary 362 from Pyramyd and it doesn’t dump all the air when pumped from 6 to 8 shoots. After I shoot, I cock it again to dump any remaining air. On 7 pumps I get consistent chrony numbers from 623 fps to 627 fps with 13.4 gr JSB, but on 8 pumps it can be erratic. Anyone experience this? Does the rifle just need to break in, or is it a warranty issue?
I would shoot it a while at least a tin or two

I believe most upgrades and mods that fit the 1322, also work/fit this rifle. If after breaking it in you still have the same issues. A slightly stronger hammer spring, or hammer spring adjuster would fix the issue of not completely emptying the valve.

The hammer isn't able to release all of the pressure before the valve closes.
You could have a hammer spring issue as mentioned, but I just wanted to say that there is a point when you've reached max pressure. I can't imagine that being the case with only six strokes. The Sheridan maximum is 8 strokes, in order to dump all the air, in a properly functioning gun.

Reactions: baranjhn