.357 Texan lss low power for the 1st shot

Gentlemen I own a .357 texan lss, I shoot 164 grain (which is not a light bullet) cast bullets, and find them to be fairly accurate. However, I have found that quite often the first and sometimes second shot after a refill is very underpowered. So slow that my fx chrony won't even pick them up. I refer to them as dud shots. I have read the owners manual and I know they warn you about hammer lock, and they say it is a lot more likely with light bullets. I know about hammer lock and have experimented with lower pressures to avoid it.But it sometimes still happens at the lower pressures. I use this gun to hunt with and generally the first and maybe the second shots are all you are going to get. If they are duds, you have wasted your time. When shooting from a bench it's not that important, but my question is, have any of ya'll had this problem. And what have you done about it? Thanks for your replies. 

Gentlemen; I took your advice and moved the power wheel to max, and it stopped the problem of the dud shots. One side effect of this action though is that adjusting the power wheel to maximise precision is not possible. I guess the only adjustment to maximise precision with a given bullet is to only fill your tank pressure to a certain pressure ( a pressure that you have determined as the most accurate ) and expecting only the next three shots to be very accurate. This process being used for hunting.

An external regulator would of course be the thing to use for bench shooting for a tethered tank. It would give you many more times those three shots at a consistent pressure/velocity. 

Gentlemen; I took your advice and moved the power wheel to max, and it stopped the problem of the dud shots. One side effect of this action though is that adjusting the power wheel to maximise precision is not possible. I guess the only adjustment to maximise precision with a given bullet is to only fill your tank pressure to a certain pressure ( a pressure that you have determined as the most accurate ) and expecting only the next three shots to be very accurate. This process being used for hunting.

An external regulator would of course be the thing to use for bench shooting for a tethered tank. It would give you many more times those three shots at a consistent pressure/velocity.

You are exactly right! Three accurate shots is the norm. If you get a bigger tank, then you can get a shot or two more. Also if you use a smaller bullet (but my Texan likes a bullet on the heavy side). I’m glad the wheel changed helped!