• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.357 tactical marauder

Hi all, 

After years of work my custom marauder is finally finished. the barrel and breech was made over at Jefferson State Air Rifles back in 2019 when they were still doing custom work and they could not have done a better job.

Specs:

.- 20in .357 threaded Lothar Walther unchoked barrel 

-.high flowing valve drilled for a half inch port

-JSAR light weight air tube

-JSAR super hammer

-15lb hammer spring 

-Armada stock

-3-9x32AOL scope.

I do have a DonnyFl 10.5in emperor suppressor for it, but the threads on the suppressor unfortunately are stripped so I have to order a new cap for it. I'm getting around 5 Accurate shots at 3000psi. it's sending 142gr hollow point slugs from NSA at around 840 fps at 3000psi, and 130gr VIP sabot slugs are around 870. a photo of the groupings @ 50yds will be down below. feel free to ask questions and or let me know some possible ammo suggestions

rifle 1.1625597315.jpg

rifle 2.1625597327.jpg

rifle 3.1625597339.jpg

target 1.1625597350.jpg

as per above i told my machine guy to leave the throat alone and just install the oring and i'll finish that myself .. and myself, i like the predators or another pellet type profile like FX domes, dont need that heavy crap .. but yeah fix your moderator that gun is cool as hell .. i'd want a nice stock on that lol .. prolly head over to Boyds and get a laminate varmint stock .. maybe orange .. blue would look nice to ..

as per above i told my machine guy to leave the throat alone and just install the oring and i'll finish that myself .. and myself, i like the predators or another pellet type profile like FX domes, dont need that heavy crap .. but yeah fix your moderator that gun is cool as hell .. i'd want a nice stock on that lol .. prolly head over to Boyds and get a laminate varmint stock .. maybe orange .. blue would look nice to ..

Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into that!!

Isn't that about a six inch group at 50 yards or am I mistaken?

the two outliers on the bottom left and right were shot at around 2100 psi which brings the grouping to around 4 in. the tighter group up top was shot within the 2500-3000psi range. this grouping was also shot during my initial testing without any tuning. I would say its averaging around 3in groups with the 2500-3000psi range. 

How is the barrel THROATED / FREEBORED ? Seated on rifling or jumping ?

wouldn't know the answer for the first part of your question, but it is seated on rifling.

That large a caliber and heavy of slug at that pressure .... Providing that LEADE is AT the slugs diameter and Zero YAW present would set it up to have a bit of jump of .100" or a bit more.