• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.357 Slayers hit the high desert

AM » 
Hey guys,had another great weekend with the American Air Arms Slayer.SteveO was finally able to get loose for a few hours Saturday morning to do some hunting with me.We started our drive to the desert at 5:00am and arived at sometime after 6:15 to a new spot that I had previously scouted several days before.I had brought two .357 bullpups with one being the titanium tube long version with the shorter one being the more compact tactical version.SteveO was happy to be able to get out and do some filming and to do some shooting with the Slayer.We filled the guns and loaded the mags with some 125gr pellets that I personally love in the gun,they are accurate and move fast at over 1000fps.SteveO and I walked several miles into the sunrise looking for the amber ears and possibly some coyotes as well.The area was slow but did offer a few shots on some running jacks at over 150 or so yards.We soon spotted some small golden mantel ground squirrels that in the wind offered quite the challenge.We shot a few of them capturing the overkill on video,should be fun to see once its edited.
grin.gif
By this time it was around 8:30am and we decided to head back to the truck for a break and to refill the guns with air and pellets that had been provided by John from Pelletgarden.com.SteveO took quite a few shots with his gun that was equiped with a Leapers Accushot and an offset mounted dot sight that proved to be a pretty cool setup for long and short range.His reaction to the gun is it felt similar to shooting an AR-15 but without the noise.He also couldnt believe how FAST the pellet can get out to 100+yrds.We continued the same loop as before,walking slowley and stopping frequently looking for movement.As we were talking a Jackrabbit spung up from a bush several feet away from me,by the time I raised my gun he was at full sprint at 60yrds,lined up less than a foot in front of him and THWACK....He flung down and tumbled to a stop.The entry was through his buttox and most likley made its way through most of the body.Cant wait till the video is done to see again in slow motion,taking a running shot with an air rifle is something I would not attempt with many guns.The Slayer performs like a dream and the more I shoot it the more I love it.The problem is the gun may have ruined it for me,after shooting it, everything else seems like a cap gun.SteveO and I made our way back to the truck and moved to a different location,this area provided more long range view.We hiked to the high point to an area that offers great line of sight and more open area to spot movement.We soon spotted another Jackrabbit hopping at 150yrds,lead the shot ahead of him and fired.....THUNK...missed by what looked like not much with a huge plume of dust kicked up...That gun truely is a powerhouse,amazing how quick that pellet gets to the target after trigger is pulled.The day had ended and cirtainly didnt leave us without any excitement.Will be doing some more hunts very soon along with something a bit different.Enclosed are some photos and will provide video in another week or so.
cool.gif