357 discussion

I’ve had 2 Taurses and I’d never buy another thing from Brian. Over priced and under performing is all they are to me. How much power do you need? What will you be hunting. I have some ideas of very well built guns, but I don’t want to offer suggestions for something that won’t fill your needs.

I have a WAR Flex in .357. Currently set up shooting 95gr cast pellets at 815fps. Regulator is set to 140 bar getting about 25-30 regulated shots. Great for plinking and plenty of power to take a coyote. There is also a lot of room to increase power, but why? I’d say if you can get your hands on a used FLEX, do it. Very easy to work on and extremely solid rifles. I have a Cothran Power House valve installed, which contributes to the power and efficiency.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I'm running through an average of 300 rounds per day with my Rattler in 357. I don't know how much power a Taurus makes or what your looking for, but for my plinking 270 FPE works.
I believe the Taurus made around 340-350 depending on the slugs. but I was shooting 187g Mr.Hollowpoint slugs and pro slugs 120g. Rattler does look sweat though. Have u had any trouble with the mags jamming like the huben when u walk with the loaded?

I believe the Taurus made around 340-350 depending on the slugs. but I was shooting 187g Mr.Hollowpoint slugs and pro slugs 120g. Rattler does look sweat though. Have u had any trouble with the mags jamming like the huben when u walk with the loaded?

The guy I buy my bullets from says he sizes them to .357 and it's a perfect fit, not too tight or loose in the cylinder. I have zero issues with my Rattlers jamming when I'm running around doing my shooting drills.

I have had them jam from other people using them and either not closing the loading gate or releasing the cylinder lever though.

Reactions: TonyP
If you were just going to hunt, I have to say you can't beat the big 9, even the M357 can't match the big 9 in power. M 357= 311 fpe AEA Big 9 =350 fpe.

IMG_20240203_120619030.jpg

So I had a 357 Taurus awhile back. And it was a machine. Is there any other 357 that could compare to that?? I want to buy another 357 but unsure or should I just order another Bulldog and send it to Brian? Thought please
@TonyP What happened to your Taurus? For coyotes, take your pick in .357. I’m of the opinion that the M357 will do just fine within 100 yards on a coyote if you pair it with a proven projectile and know how to shoot it. There are members that have taken yotes with the Western Rattler. If you really want to try a quality .357 and money is no object maybe wait on the AAA Slayer .357 to go back into production. I think that it’s really up to you, what you want to do, how much you want to spend, and how long you want to wait.