• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.357 Benjamin Bulldog vs Ground Squirrels!

1. 103 yards. Gut/pelvis shot probably slowly lethal.

2. 93 yards. Spayed face with ricochet dust. Probably uninjured.

3. ?? yards. Front of chest shot. Rapidly lethal.

4. 124 yards. Left arm smashed. Probably survived.

5. 62 yards. Neck shot. Clean kill.

Draw your own conclusions.

I was dismayed to see they wanted to stretch out even further on ground squirrels by getting an Airforce.

That 124 yard shot was a wounding shot. Will probably die of infection or will be on three from here on out. Hard to tell if shooting out of his range or just one of those flyers you get with pellet guns. In the future I would edit those out. Don't give PETA free ammo. All in all, nice shooting but you are shooting past your effective range. In fairness I have wounded a few but I don't even try past 80 yards with my 25. There are people on the Tube who can use my gun out past 100 yards but I just don't have the talent. What I do have are powder burners that greatly extend my effective range.

Nice and fare comment...thanks. I have a mil dot scope with 5 mil dots, so as long as the range is in my mil dot area I will take the shot. The shot at 124 yards was on my last mil dot of 5...past that range the pellet drops to much for accuracy. I have shot a glass bottle at 197 yards at 15 mil dots and 13x power with my Bulldog - took 3 shots to get it though. 

Regarding the 124 yard shot...it hit him in the side shoulder which made his arm go limp and it must have also hit an artery because he bleed out pretty quick after hitting the dirt. Such footage I sometimes put on my videos but as you say, ......PETA.

It may be easy for some to be negative, but not for me. I took care to review and study before my comment.
I deleted the post twice before sending.

I may be wrong about the ricochet shot, fair enough.

But my point remains, I don't want to antagonise you as I hunt myself and know it is difficult. I just felt you were 'pushing it a bit'. A personal opinion, not a troll. I'll leave it at that. Happy hunting guys.

My two cents and we all have a right to express ourselves on open forums, its great when people see things your way and sucks when they don't but we take the good with the bad. At the end of the day it's just another persons opinion. After review the video twice I do not believe all shots where clean kills, but in hunting it happens. You could shoot a dime 10 out of 10 times at 90 yards then take a a shot on a squirrel at 85 yards and miss totally, its just the way of the world bad pellet, wind, humidity, temperature whatever. I agree with Mark everyone should know your limits and if you feel comfortable with the longer shots shoot them, but if you post a poor placed shot (for whatever reason just own it and move on). That is not directed at just you it's directed at everyone whom picks up a weapon with the intent to take a life. Yes Salticon its just a squirrel which may not mean much to you, but someone else may say its just a dog, cat, pig, deer, horse, etc. We practice so we can be the most humane we can be REGARDLESS of our prey. I appreciate the video, they help show us things we may us to make ourselves better hunters things we may not know or forgot or could learn from.

I've shot chipmunks at 107 yards and both times perfect headshot, then shot at a ground squirrel at 70 yards and for whatever reason hit it right in the gut. In an effort to finish him off, I shot 5 more time at it before hitting it in the head. Be it my heart rate, my trying to do too quick a followup shot, the worry it may get back to its hole before i could finish the job, the guilt of the poorly placed shot, whatever. It happens to us all, I've seen Ted take a poor shot on a Crow but as luck would have it the pellet bounced off the wing bone, and went straight through the neck killing the bird almost instantly.

Thanks for sharing.