• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

350 Magnum

Kitcarson, what pellet worked best in your 350?
I cannot recommend any particular pellet as each rifle may or may not like any given pellet. With no recommendation my 350 classic likes the Air Arms yellow can 16 grain. That is 5.52 I think.
On a good day if I have the proper mindset and really do want to shoot 5/8 groups at 50 are consistent. Sugar cubes at 35 are no challenge. However I shoot it very little anymore, I have a .22 HW95 and I practice two or three times a week with it. Easy to cock and very accurate also.
To fully enjoy a rifle you must trust it, and not be concerned with it breaking and I fully well know the 350 not if but when will break something again.
In any event any given rifle of any brand or caliber will have a favorite pellet, and any two or three of the same brand will like most likely a different pellet, the exception to this does seem to be that HW rifles seem to a lot of them like the H and N 5.54.
Kit

The newer Diana's (due to leadership change) are a lot to be desired, and are nowhere near the quality of product of what used to be produced in-house in Germany.

I personally have a Diana 280 premium (all German made), buddy of mine had one of the older Diana 34's with the plain Jane stock with no butt pad, both are/were lights out shooters with great triggers (T05 34 and T06 280).

Had, and sold an AA TX200 and kept the 280 in it's wake if that says anything.
Personally didn't like the manual of arms on the TX, plus the 280 could shoot circles around it.

View attachment 368401
View attachment 368402
Is that the Air Venturi universal brake you have on yours? If so, is it a good fit?

Reactions: crowski and Ramjet
Is that the Air Venturi universal brake you have on yours? If so, is it a good fit?

Yup, that's the one.
Fits excellent on the Diana 280's 15mm barrel with the provided coupling, 16mm barrels would require you to attach without the coupling meaning the grub screw torques up against the barrel.

I do not post much anymore because I do not like to contest with all the B.S. on this forum. Such as HW rifles having cast pot metal triggers, etc, etc.

I have had two Diana 350 magnum rifles, one was the Panther 350 which has the synthetic stock and the one I still have is the 350 Classic. The Premium is simply a model with a premium stock with the cheekpiece for right handed shooters and as I am left handed never bought one.

Both 350 models I own started as you ask started falling apart much sooner than 500 shots, and one situation was very dangerous and I could have gotten seriously hurt. Lets address this first. The main stock to action screw will vibrate loose in less than 25 shots due to the recoil. It also only has on average two thread turns on that screw into the action screw boss, so very little recoil and back out is required for the thread to boss to become weak and tear clear out of the boss rapidly and violently sending the rear of the action flying at your face at high speed. While cocking the rifle the screw and boss will separate and the action will fly upwards right at your face.
My solution for both of them was to make a trip to Fastenal and obtain longer and better fasteners, install with a liberal coating of screw lock and this solved this dangerous situation. So make sure to check the main action to stock screw carefully and if required and if they have not changed this replace with an adequate fastener. Umerex which is the current distributor for Diana was no help at all and it was like speaking to a deer standing in a bright headlight and the light bulb inside was not on. Grin!!

Next, on both models the rear factory sight has adjustment held in place with two small ball bearings. In about 100 shots the sight will back out and get so loose due to recoil it will fall apart and if in the woods never be found again, if bench shooting it will land on the bench. Both guns did this.

Next, the rear automatic safety unlike the HW pot metal trigger, is in fact some type of pot metal. Around 300 shots fully expect this to break and the back half of it to fly off the rifle. Both rifles had this happen. To be fair the 350 classic since then has had well over 10K through it with no further problems with a factory replacement. However Umerex with the lack of a light bulb was no help and I got a replacement from a well known supplier in the UK.

Next, the Panther developed a torn piston seal and most likely was like this since day one and torn during assembly. In any event the excessive slam recoil allowed another POT METAL cocking lever part to crack and when I took the rifle apart for repair the cocking lever had shaved long thin coils of metal from the action tube and was serious enough to me to require replacement of the tube. Some five or six years ago I bought another Panther that was on sale and started having problems with that one, I simply posted it up and gave it away free. I did not wish to rebuild another one, a well known person has this and loves it, however he also reported a chipped piston seal and other problems he had to fix. Once fixed it is now a favorite.

OK it is not all bad, once all these issues are resolved it is a wonderful rifle with a great fully adjustable trigger and it is extremely accurate. Once you learn the rifle get the trigger set to your liking it is a very nice looking and balanced rifle with high accuracy .

And that is my experiences with the 350.
Cheers
Kit
Hey Kit. Thanks for your feed back. I welcome all suggestions, ideas and experiances. Try to digest it all for decision. Crow
I have the 350 magnum pro compact in both 177 and 22.... They are great rifles, and there is no plastic tip. The pro compacts barrel weight is way too heavy, though. I would suggest one buy a HW muzzle weight and replace it.

View attachment 368524
That looks really sweet. Thanks. Crow

What has changed on the Diana quality? This recent article acts like there is no change in quality https://www.allaboutairrifles.com/where-are-diana-air-rifles-made/. Is it because Umarex owns them or has that always been the case? Had my eye on a Diana Airking but thinking if quality is going down, I'll pass. Hope they don't go the way as the Kodiak/Patriot airgun.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Things worked out nicly today after I got the 350 .22 and a Hawke 3x9x40 to ride it.
IMG_6145.jpeg
I wanted to put a ZR mount on which I bought for this rifle. But the scope rings extend to the flaring of the scope.
IMG_6149.jpeg
That the same scope 3x9x40. The ZR doesn’t fit.
Any suggestions?
Cleaned and scope on for a round tonite.
IMG_6146.jpeg
IMG_6147.jpeg
This gun is a long sucker. It’s got weight. Crow.

Shot last night. I must of left oil in barrel when cleaning, because man did it explode, sounded like a rim fire, first 4-5 shots. Waited for the Game Warden to arrive. Couldn’t track Initial shots. Once I got I sighted in I was pleased with accuracy. Jacking I found to be no problem with the length of barrel for leverage. I like the appearance of the gun. Strong addition. Crow

Shot last night. I must of left oil in barrel when cleaning, because man did it explode, sounded like a rim fire, first 4-5 shots. Waited for the Game Warden to arrive. Couldn’t track Initial shots. Once I got I sighted in I was pleased with accuracy. Jacking I found to be no problem with the length of barrel for leverage. I like the appearance of the gun. Strong addition. Crow

Bang'n 🤪

Reactions: crowski
Glad it’s working out well. I’d check those screws Kit Carson mentioned. it’s advice from someone that knows which end is up. Maybe they fixed it, better safe than sorry. Umarex USA I think still has some Diana parts and might be able to help with that but I don’t think they’re the warranty folks anymore. Blue Line something I think? Have it booked somewhere if you need it. The whole parts/warranty thing with Diana in US is pretty goofy right now.

Hope it holds up for your Crow. I've always favored a Diana.
Thanks. I’ve already named it the “Hammer”. Had out again tonite. Decent gun. Good kill groups at 42 yds. I’ll crony tomorrow. More rain. Crow
Glad it’s working out well. I’d check those screws Kit Carson mentioned. it’s advice from someone that knows which end is up. Maybe they fixed it, better safe than sorry. Umarex USA I think still has some Diana parts and might be able to help with that but I don’t think they’re the warranty folks anymore. Blue Line something I think? Have it booked somewhere if you need it. The whole parts/warranty thing with Diana in US is pretty goofy right now.
Thanks, ya I’m stoked. Definitely look into this matter with the screws. Think it’s Blue Line here. Don’t have to worry about warranty from them. AGS looks after that . Crow
Crow, Do you happen to have a part number for these plugs?

View attachment 369099
Small world, wouldn’t want to paint it.
They have been on my mind.
someone posted it a year or two ago and I bought three packs thinking it would do me for the rest of my life. I’m almost out. I don’t know the name of the company that had them, but this is the serial number
IMG_6172.jpeg
I wished I bought 5 PACs. I like them better than the hole. Do you know what company or where to get them? Please let me know. Crow

Small world, wouldn’t want to paint it.
They have been on my mind.
someone posted it a year or two ago and I bought three packs thinking it would do me for the rest of my life. I’m almost out. I don’t know the name of the company that had them, but this is the serial numberView attachment 369115I wished I bought 5 PACs. I like them better than the hole. Do you know what company or where to get them? Please let me know. Crow

Just found these based on your package info.

Things worked out nicly today after I got the 350 .22 and a Hawke 3x9x40 to ride it. View attachment 368718I wanted to put a ZR mount on which I bought for this rifle. But the scope rings extend to the flaring of the scope.View attachment 368720That the same scope 3x9x40. The ZR doesn’t fit.
Any suggestions?
Cleaned and scope on for a round tonite.View attachment 368719View attachment 368740This gun is a long sucker. It’s got weight. Crow.
Very nice looking rifle. One thing for sure is that the Diana 350 is long, lean and traditional and has eye appeal.
Congratulations. Looks like your room looks a lot like mine, and I think both of us need a couple more rifles. Grin!!
Cheers
Kit

Is what your saying to put in the screw holes when you remove the. Sights. I wonder will the work on the Wh guns ?. Please advise. And thanks View attachment 369375 sorry didn’t mean to jack up the thread
Don’t worry about jacking.
Up to now I automatically put a scope on all my rifles. I don’t like the looks of both sights on so I take off the iron sights on Weihrauch break barrels. Don’t like the extra holes so these plugs are the best option so far to cover up. Crow

I've only shot two D350s. One in 177 and one in 22. Both shot like a bucket of bolts and neither hit near the POA. In all fairness both guns belonged to general consumers and probably had wasted scopes on them. They might shoot fine with a tune and an Airmax scope. Still more plastic and violent than I relish.

Look we all have our favorites but let's keep our information accurate and fair.
Agreed on the last part. So, to be fair, the bigger Weihrauch springers shoot like a bucket of bolts, too, off the factory. I know mine did, and 1000's of others.

I'd liken Weihrauch and Diana spring guns to "finish-it-yourself" guns; with a basic tune-up and breaking-in, they become very good guns, that get better the more they are shot, and last for decades if not more.

Guys always talk about this or that Weihrauch that's 30+ years old and still a fine shooter. Well, D48/52's from 1987 are also still in action today, and as deadly as when new (actually more). They are solid, dependable workhorses that are accurate, powerful and compact, a not too common combo.

One thing that is solidly in the 'inaccurate and unfair' category is comparing super magnums like the 350 Mag to mid-power guns such as a HW95. My 350 Mag .22 cal puts out 24.2 fpe with FTT 14.66 gr's, with OEM parts through and through. It's a completely different weapon, with completely different capabilities and properties than a 15 fpe HW. Still, once broken in, the Mag will not loosen stock screws, or dental fillings. It will start to sing.

I own a bunch of Dianas with plastic trigger guards and end caps. I have never had an issue with them, and have never heard of such, from browsing through thousands of Diana discussions online. The plastic in the Dianas is where it is of no consequence. I don't cherish plastic on my guns, either, but can't argue with the results. And results rule, impressions fool.

Reactions: Rich_B and JDR
Results. I’ve had 3 broken safety housings, all on Diana’s. This pic I’ll show you again.
IMG_6123.jpeg
The lever arm will not catch. Hmmm.
There’s no fooling here as far as quality goes. They’re not in the same boat as AArms or HW’s. I’m not an expert by any means, but have taken 15 different rifles apart, tune-ups. Again AArms and HW better workmanship.
I own 7 Diana’s now with a 48 and n-tec on hold. My 34 premium is a laser as well the 54. Can’t say that about the rest. If I own 50 springers the other 5 are at the bottom end of the totem pole for accuracy, but the hardest hitters.
I try to buy premiums because they eliminate one piece of plastic for a price! That’s OK. Do a premium + and eliminate the safety housing, they wouldn’t be able to make enough.
I guess some people have higher standards than others.
‘Crow

Yeah everyone has their own niche of Springers which is just right for them.

- Some like incredible finishing, engineering quality/accuracy with moderate power ... they buy Air Arms.
- Others like POWER, looks and affordability in the absence of engineering/ergonomics ... they buy Hatsan.
- Others like refined POWER, solid engineering, accuracy with a slight finishing/price drop off .... they buy Diana.
- Others buy power, affordability, Gimmicks, usually newbies heavily influenced by Marketing .... they buy Gamo, Crosman/Benjamin.
- Others buy engineering quality, accuracy, nice finishing/ergonomics and lower to moderate power .... they buy Weihrauch.

To each his own:
Just think if Men liked only one type of Women, Vise versa ...... or Art ----> that could create some problems.
We wouldn't have the diversity which makes LIFE pretty cool - Right (y).