• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

350 Magnum

In all honesty the glass nylon poly on the Diana's trigger guards are ironically better then the pot metal they put on the Weihrauch's. The AA's milled aluminum is the better of either of the former though.
How about this kind of great product I have on both of my 460’s,
IMG_6123.jpeg
$750. gun. Pathetic. I’ve never said that about any rifle.
‘And In my eyes this is inexcusable.
IMG_6124.jpeg
Same thing on my 54, 34, k98 and 24. How do you compare these parts to Weihrauch and Air Arms?
How about on the 54 barrel and barrel block union. Almost shed a tear when the initial shock was over, when I first opened the box.
I support Diana, more than I talk. IMO if they had these parts above, cast or machined, they would put themselves up a notch or two. Crow

Reactions: bf1956
How about this kind of great product I have on both of my 460’s, View attachment 368194$750. gun. Pathetic. I’ve never said that about any rifle.
‘And In my eyes this is inexcusable. View attachment 368196Same thing on my 54, 34, k98 and 24. How do you compare these parts to Weihrauch and Air Arms?
How about on the 54 barrel and barrel block union. Almost shed a tear when the initial shock was over, when I first opened the box.
I support Diana, more than I talk. IMO if they had these parts above, cast or machined, they would put themselves up a notch or two. Crow

Yeah the front site sleeves on them are disappointing (hence why i went and took mine off for an aluminum muzzle brake), but they're still nylon poly.
Tough stuff, but understandable (especially for the locking mechanism for an underlever) how metal would be preferable.

The rear end cap is literally just a cap btw to clean up appearance, the trigger unit housing serves as the actual physical plug/spring retainer. Which I think is made out of aluminum iirc.

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski
Really??? The cast aluminum trigger on a Weihrauch is not "pot metal". The only time I've seen one break was when someone shipped me a poorly packed rifle without the trigger guard in place. It was broken by UPS when it stuck through the box and probably tossed on a truck.

I'll take Weihrauch "pot metal" over Diana plastic every day. I've only shot two D350s. One in 177 and one in 22. Both shot like a bucket of bolts and neither hit near the POA. In all fairness both guns belonged to general consumers and probably had wasted scopes on them. They might shoot fine with a tune and an Airmax scope. Still more plastic and violent than I relish.

Look we all have our favorites but let's keep our information accurate and fair.

It is indeed pot metal.

Lots of fussing about plastic, but some people will pay big money for plastic PB gun ;) . I’d prefer metal but doesn’t bother me that much. And I believe the nylon piece on the 54/56 barrel shroud assembly is part of the vibration dampening so it couldn’t be metal. Hateful, come on over and shoot mine. They’re fine guns. And I’ll show you why brisket beats pulled pork too ha ha ha.

Yeah the front site sleeves on them are disappointing (hence why i went and took mine off for an aluminum muzzle brake), but they're still nylon poly.
Tough stuff, but understandable (especially for the locking mechanism for an underlever) how metal would be preferable.

The rear end cap is literally just a cap btw to clean up appearance, the trigger unit housing serves as the actual physical plug/spring retainer. Which I think is made out of aluminum iirc.
For the price of their product, maybe charge more to eliminate the plastic.
I have a lot of respect for companies like Gamo. They don’t to be someone their not.
This really gets me. I bought the K98 because I liked the fact Mauser was printed on it. Cool.
IMG_6128.jpeg
Look at the casting on this.
IMG_6125.jpeg
IMG_6127.jpeg
This is a 460, modified. I didn’t know until after I picked up the used 460. How can they spend on these casting on 1 model and this gun is on sale, a dog. I like mine better the the 460’s, that’s wrong. The butt is cast as well the ring in stock. Check out the front sight on 98. And lever arm is tight.
IMG_6129.jpeg
That’s my problem. They’re close, but no cigar. Crow
No expert on rws/Diana but i had one .

Ones all it took...😉

( And that one was before snowpeak took them over ...oops i mean....)🥴
I must be a slow learner. Crow

Wooo, pulled pork a
Lots of fussing about plastic, but some people will pay big money for plastic PB gun ;) . I’d prefer metal but doesn’t bother me that much. And I believe the nylon piece on the 54/56 barrel shroud assembly is part of the vibration dampening so it couldn’t be metal. Hateful, come on over and shoot mine. They’re fine guns. And I’ll show you why brisket beats pulled pork too ha ha ha.
Woo. Pulled pork and brisket. Another 5 minutes I’m gonna ask you to stop talking. Crow

For the price of their product, maybe charge more to eliminate the plastic.
I have a lot of respect for companies like Gamo. They don’t to be someone their not.
This really gets me. I bought the K98 because I liked the fact Mauser was printed on it. Cool. View attachment 368283Look at the casting on this. View attachment 368273View attachment 368279This is a 460, modified. I didn’t know until after I picked up the used 460. How can they spend on these casting on 1 model and this gun is on sale, a dog. I like mine better the the 460’s, that’s wrong. The butt is cast as well the ring in stock. Check out the front sight on 98. And lever arm is tight.View attachment 368280That’s my problem. They’re close, but no cigar. Crow

I must be a slow learner. Crow
Naaa... Dont forget i am the lemon king , but workmanship was not up to expectations . Sloppy looking way off center leade hole ( the main thing) ,ect..

Lets say i was happy when i ordered it bit ashamed when i brought ot out with my buddy standing with his hw ..lol he was even surprised at it for a german gun. Anyway it got gifted away eventually.

Naaa... Dont forget i am the lemon king , but workmanship was not up to expectations . Sloppy looking way off center leade hole ( the main thing) ,ect..

Lets say i was happy when i ordered it bit ashamed when i brought ot out with my buddy standing with his hw ..lol he was even surprised at it for a german gun. Anyway it got gifted away eventually.
Nicely said. Crow
Sense you already have some awesome springers then get the 350 but I wouldnt get the panther ...get the classic in 22. I have owned 2 of them back in the day.

rswmike thanks for the advice. I’m going for the .22 only. Crow

I to like the look of the Diana 350 classic . I just don’t know if I’m up to the challenge of a magnum springer . a few years ago I got the chance to shoulder one. It was nice I think it best in 22 . My Diana 48 has the t06 trigger. It’s a nice trigger. My 34 has the t01 trigger. I can’t get adjusted to suit me Good luck Crowski. Keep us posted

Nicely said. Crow

rswmike thanks for the advice. I’m going for the .22 only. Crow
Ya, ive read that guy's with .22 far more happy then the .177 guys on that mag.

Also seen some complain about leade hole runs big and cant find a pellet that dont fit loose in it ..idk?

Buy i got to admit the ntec stock looks nice vs the prem stock . Kinda air king looking.

The newer Diana's (due to leadership change) are a lot to be desired, and are nowhere near the quality of product of what used to be produced in-house in Germany.

I personally have a Diana 280 premium (all German made), buddy of mine had one of the older Diana 34's with the plain Jane stock with no butt pad, both are/were lights out shooters with great triggers (T05 34 and T06 280).

Had, and sold an AA TX200 and kept the 280 in it's wake if that says anything.
Personally didn't like the manual of arms on the TX, plus the 280 could shoot circles around it.

20221206_151033.jpg

20220803_153209.jpg

The newer Diana's (due to leadership change) are a lot to be desired, and are nowhere near the quality of product of what used to be produced in-house in Germany.

I personally have a Diana 280 premium (all German made), buddy of mine had one of the older Diana 34's with the plain Jane stock with no butt pad, both are/were lights out shooters with great triggers (T05 34 and T06 280).

Personally didn't like the manual of arms on the TX, plus the 280 could shoot circles around it.

View attachment 368401
View attachment 368402
This. All of mine are great shooters. D34 and 52 Luxus are TO5 guns. 56T/H is TO6 gun but I believe early on before the move to Ense facility. From what I’ve seen and heard their higher end rifles are still very good. But, when you start manufacturing elsewhere and selling cheaper guns under your name you run a risk.

View attachment 368401
View attachment 368402
That’s a beauty. Like the muzzle end.
I got a used 34 premium. Shot it this morning. Deadly accurate with it, nice trigger, don’t know which.
If the 350’s not made in Germany I’m not getting it. Thanks Crow
This. All of mine are great shooters. D34 and 52 Luxus are TO5 guns. 56T/H is TO6 gun but I believe early on before the move to Ense facility. From what I’ve seen and heard their higher end rifles are still very good. But, when you start manufacturing elsewhere and selling cheaper guns under your name you run a risk.
Thanks for reminder to make sure German made. Crow

I was was curious about the Diana 350 magnum .22 cal. I’m on the fence.
He’s my problem. My buddy (mentor) tells me it will fall apart in no time. Lucky to get 500 rounds through.
Now I’ve got a few Diana’s. Their power increase is notable and this is what my buddy says is the problem.
I got the 460 and found it to have great accuracy as well. My huge problem on the 460 is again plastic especially the front sight.
I’m Super satisfied with my Weihrauchs, Air Arms and FWB’s. Like the variety.
What’s you opionion on the 350 Magnum premium?
Crow
I do not post much anymore because I do not like to contest with all the B.S. on this forum. Such as HW rifles having cast pot metal triggers, etc, etc.

I have had two Diana 350 magnum rifles, one was the Panther 350 which has the synthetic stock and the one I still have is the 350 Classic. The Premium is simply a model with a premium stock with the cheekpiece for right handed shooters and as I am left handed never bought one.

Both 350 models I own started as you ask started falling apart much sooner than 500 shots, and one situation was very dangerous and I could have gotten seriously hurt. Lets address this first. The main stock to action screw will vibrate loose in less than 25 shots due to the recoil. It also only has on average two thread turns on that screw into the action screw boss, so very little recoil and back out is required for the thread to boss to become weak and tear clear out of the boss rapidly and violently sending the rear of the action flying at your face at high speed. While cocking the rifle the screw and boss will separate and the action will fly upwards right at your face.
My solution for both of them was to make a trip to Fastenal and obtain longer and better fasteners, install with a liberal coating of screw lock and this solved this dangerous situation. So make sure to check the main action to stock screw carefully and if required and if they have not changed this replace with an adequate fastener. Umerex which is the current distributor for Diana was no help at all and it was like speaking to a deer standing in a bright headlight and the light bulb inside was not on. Grin!!

Next, on both models the rear factory sight has adjustment held in place with two small ball bearings. In about 100 shots the sight will back out and get so loose due to recoil it will fall apart and if in the woods never be found again, if bench shooting it will land on the bench. Both guns did this.

Next, the rear automatic safety unlike the HW pot metal trigger, is in fact some type of pot metal. Around 300 shots fully expect this to break and the back half of it to fly off the rifle. Both rifles had this happen. To be fair the 350 classic since then has had well over 10K through it with no further problems with a factory replacement. However Umerex with the lack of a light bulb was no help and I got a replacement from a well known supplier in the UK.

Next, the Panther developed a torn piston seal and most likely was like this since day one and torn during assembly. In any event the excessive slam recoil allowed another POT METAL cocking lever part to crack and when I took the rifle apart for repair the cocking lever had shaved long thin coils of metal from the action tube and was serious enough to me to require replacement of the tube. Some five or six years ago I bought another Panther that was on sale and started having problems with that one, I simply posted it up and gave it away free. I did not wish to rebuild another one, a well known person has this and loves it, however he also reported a chipped piston seal and other problems he had to fix. Once fixed it is now a favorite.

OK it is not all bad, once all these issues are resolved it is a wonderful rifle with a great fully adjustable trigger and it is extremely accurate. Once you learn the rifle get the trigger set to your liking it is a very nice looking and balanced rifle with high accuracy .

And that is my experiences with the 350.
Cheers
Kit