Diana 34 to1 revived from death

F77C45B5-AC96-482A-8FEF-D486D8150F12.jpeg0EDA6BCA-6010-4856-8BE4-24303560D2D7.jpeg
34 with no to1 markings from a friend of mine, it has set in the corner for years broken and begging to be repaired. Well today it received a new lease on life! Replaced spring and seal from vortek and it is now back in service! Previous owner did a not so great finish on the stock but it functions well. Haven’t run it across a chronograph but the owner is happy to see it shooting again.

View attachment 432551View attachment 432552
34 with no to1 markings from a friend of mine, it has set in the corner for years broken and begging to be repaired. Well today it received a new lease on life! Replaced spring and seal from vortek and it is now back in service! Previous owner did a not so great finish on the stock but it functions well. Haven’t run it across a chronograph but the owner is happy to see it shooting again.
I just brought a 34 back from the dead myself. The yoke that holds the two screws at the front of the receiver was broken off and I had to mill it out and retap it. Blue mostly missing from the receiver. But after some rebuild & parts i've got to say it's pretty sweet..

It's almost more satisfying to do this kind of stuff than to buy something new. I just don't know why...

Last edited:
I just brought a 34 back from the dead myself. The yoke that holds the two screws at the front of the receiver was broken off and I had to mill it out and retap it. Blue mostly missing from the receiver. But after some rebuild part so i've got to say it's pretty sweet..

It's almost more satisfying to do this kind of stuff than to buy something new. I just don't know why...
Thank goodness I didn’t have to do that much work, but I’m satisfied with getting it going again. Great job on your work and definitely wish I had your expertise.

what does a D34 compare with ? HW something ?
The 34 is in kind of a league of its own. It has a bigger piston and longer stroke than an HW95 but has a smaller piston and longer stroke than an HW80. The 34 is a pretty awesome little gun that can be tuned for a pretty wide range of velocity while still shooting well.

View attachment 432551View attachment 432552
Have one of those too, should I bring it along with the R7 .20....lol. Owner of a gun shop fairly local takes trades and did, then it sat in his store for about 6 months before I wandered in asking. Made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I walked out 20 minutes later with the 34 and a soft sided gun case he tossed in to get me to take it and only cost me $75. Shoots very nicely already but there's an ARH spring kit and Vortek seal in the parts box if I ever get around to tinkering with it.
D34-3.jpg
Also have a T06 but that one is special and in .20 caliber

The 34 is in kind of a league of its own. It has a bigger piston and longer stroke than an HW95 but has a smaller piston and longer stroke than an HW80. The 34 is a pretty awesome little gun that can be tuned for a pretty wide range of velocity while still shooting well.
I got mine(.177) set at about 10fpe and its very easy to shoot. I had to do a bit of "barrel bending massage" to get it dead center of adjustments on the rear sight but it was pretty easy.

I brought back to life a Diana 23 and a Bavaria Mod 45 a few years ago.
These guns were old and worn out when my dad bought them at yard sales in Belgium in 1980.
The sat unshootable until I got seriously into airguns in 2018.

Both needed springs and seals, a real good cleaning and relube, deburred and made piston sleeves while I was in there. The 23 barrel was bent in 3 or 4 places, straightened that. Removed the rust and did a home reblueing, replaced front sight on the 23 and the rear on the 45. Cleaned both stocks and wiped with oil but both would need to be stripped and sanded.

They are wonderful little shooters, smooth and accurate.

I found that to be hugely satisfying!