325 yards with gauntlet .30 today

20230502_071928.jpg

Zero at 40 yards, first shot low left, adjusted and next 3 confirmed zero. Aiming at lower tip of diamond

20230502_071933.jpg

3 shot group at 150 to confirm bc

20230502_084623.jpg

Full 7 shot mag at 325yards, first two went high, so adjusted low on the next 5

20230502_090111.jpg

The 3 headshots at 160 for fun

20230501_122027.jpg

64 grain dbhp slugs from griffin going 909fps

Last edited:
I've been eyeballing the gauntlet 👀🥴
What kind of shot count are you getting?
I am getting a little over three mags (21). So the factory stated 24 shots is probably accurate. After 3 mags i just fill it up. Its absurdly accurate right out of the box with no adjustments to it whatsoever. Pellets are one hole and slugs are one hole/ touching at 40 yards. Some slugs are hard to chamber, the griffin slugs however are not and actually feel satisfying to load.

Its regulated, can shoot pellets or slugs without any aftermarket parts, has decent shot count and is sub moa at 100. Im really pleased with it. Especially at only $500.

I've been eyeballing the gauntlet 👀🥴
What kind of shot count are you getting?

I have a Hajimoto tuned and modded Gauntlet .30. I strictly hunt with mine so I don’t care about shot count. I do refill after 3 mags (21 shots). I only fill to 4100 psi and never go below 2800 psi.

I'm just torn between do I want another hunting tool(shot count doesn't matter)or another target puncher(higher shot count)😅

I understand that predicament!! I opt for the high powered hunting rifles in the big bore arena! I cast my own bullets so it makes sense for me and ammo is less than a penny per shot.

Wow that's a sweet shooter!!! Great Accuracy for factory barrel!!!! Looks like getting to 300 yards wasn't too hard..😀😁
Flight time is a little over a second. The first two hits at shoulder height was a little above where i was aiming so i aimed lower and got 4 hits nearly on a horizontal line. Wind was going right to left, and one shot hit low. But except for windage it seemed to still be extremely accurate at 325. Even the two shots that hit higher on the plate are nearly on a perfect line elevation wise.

Can you still see shots on your 30 cal with those slugs? Being able to spot your own shots as long range is priceless!!!! I can't spot the hits from my 50...makes it tough
Ill let you know on a dryer day. Its been raining for 3 days and was raining today while i was shooting. Way too muddy to see splash on dirt. On steel its much easier to see where i was hitting with 30x magnification.

View attachment 352957
Zero at 40 yards, first shot low left, adjusted and next 3 confirmed zero. Aiming at lower tip of diamond

View attachment 352961
3 shot group at 150 to confirm bc

View attachment 352962
Full 7 shot mag at 325yards, first two went high, so adjusted low on the next 5

View attachment 352963
The 3 headshots at 160 for fun

View attachment 352964
64 grain dbhp slugs from griffin going 909fps
View attachment 352965

just wondering if you would like to share what moderator are you using? how loud is it? with and without the moderator.. also is the moderator silence it down so it not loud like a 22rf.. and if you had it to do again would you use the same moderator or is there one you think would be better..
how long and heavy is it with the moderator?
not quite as easy a project for me as I can't shoot with scopes, but I figured I could put a weaver air venturi micrometer adjust notch rear sight and make either a clamp on front sight or a sight attached to the moderator.. and oh by the way, say you have a Donny FL with a 2" diameter.. how is the top of it compared to the top of the receiver?
on the barrel is it solid or shrouded?
thanks for any answers you care to share.
Mark