30mm One Piece Mount Suggestion

SteveP-52,

You just need a budget to save up for what you want. I myself have a budget for my air gun hobbies. Right now it's about getting ammo and each time I'll blow out the budget to get ammo.

The money is already stashed away and when I find the right ones, the only 2 rifles I want to add to my collection are a Beeman R1 and Beeman R10, both in .20 and from back in the Santa Rosa, San Raphael/ Huntington Beach era.

Ammo I already have, in 4 calibers and been collecting that here and there for the last 6 years now :)

Still trying to decide March vs Hawke vs Leupold.

Glen, 😊

I applaud your work & spending ethic — spend what you already earned (instead of spending today what you hope to earn some day in the far future — which seems to be all the rage these days!). 👍🏼 

Help me out with my puzzlement at finding Leupold in your scope list for an airgun. I understand that most airgunners shoot not only at far ranges but short ranges as well, as close as 10 yards. ➔ However, Leupold has only one or two scopes that have a parallax that goes down to 10 yards.... 😟 (And those scopes, IIRC don't have a holdoff reticle, another feature that most airgunners require because of the steep trajectory.) 

Just wondering. 👍🏼

Matthias

I would look at TIER ONE, or a NIGHTFORCE UNIMOUNT, SPUHR is another good one, no point using a cheap mount on a MARCH SCOPE.

I presume it's a pic rail?

While I totally agree on not using "cheap" scope mounts on a March scope or any of the alpha class scopes, he is looking for a scope mount for a Beeman R9/HW95 which comes with an 11mm dovetail. Everyone recommending Spuhr, Scalarworks, Nightforce Unimount, and other boutique scope mounts are not gonna work because they only offer them in picatinny. Yes, there's dovetail to picatinny adapters but they add more weight. Here's a thread that the OP started asking for suggestions on a scope for his R9...

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/custom-r9-scope/?referrer=1

@Glenroiland, if you decide to pick up that March scope (not sure what model) or any of the high end scopes, make sure the company will back the warranty if you're mounting it on a springer.

Surprised no one suggested BKL-388 30mm one piece for dovetails (edit: It's adjustable!). Just me I guess. But otherwise, Sportsmatch, EagleVision, and aforementioned BKL are on my PCPs.

Gotta say, yes, check make sure your potential March will be covered for Springer use. As well, if going to invest the kala on a March, highly advise lapping those rings to the scope.

Mark

Reactions: Glenroiland
While I'm all for better glass on higher end springers, I really wish I had some of your bank accounts or credit card limits for the stuff you're suggesting. I realize the rifle is a tricked out, custom Beeman R9 but damnnnnn....$250-$500 for a mount and $1800-$2000+ for a scope?? Wow...just...well damnnnn.....

Lol. I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. If you would have told me a few years ago I'd have a springer well above $1,000 I'd have laughed at you!

I have had my nose to the grindstone for MANY decades, and I have been fortunate enough to FINALLY hit a point where I can afford to spend on me. I've been in my particular field for almost 32 years. Long days, often 6 days per week, DECADES. I've been very smart with my hard earned money, and I want to enjoy some of it!

I may or may not even end up with the March scope. Still trying to decide March vs Hawke vs leupold. I'm leaning March, and want to marry it nicely to the gun

Commented the way I did because although only back to shooting 6 1/2 years now, all but one piece of everything I've ever bought was paid for in cash and it's been a lot considering 50ish different rifles and pistols (down to 26 now) and everything else to go with them. Bills always come first and toys after, limited to what the bank account could afford plus a little here and there saved when I could.

The one and only thing I ever used a credit card for (and I only have one) was for the laminated stock my HW95 now sits in. Kept seeing pics of limited edition blue laminate stocks on a few HW and Beeman rifles and always wanted one only a thumbhole so when I finally came across a maker for one, I dug out the card and went for it. My one and only springer with close to $1000 invested between rifle, scope and stock. The rings are BKL just because they were the only ones I could find in a silver finish and what I wanted to match to the rest of the stock or as you put it, marry it nicely to the gun including stainless steel front stock screw hardware:)

HW95-CV stock 1.1628087589.jpg

HW95-CV stock 2.1628087602.jpg

While I'm all for better glass on higher end springers, I really wish I had some of your bank accounts or credit card limits for the stuff you're suggesting. I realize the rifle is a tricked out, custom Beeman R9 but damnnnnn....$250-$500 for a mount and $1800-$2000+ for a scope?? Wow...just...well damnnnn.....

Lol. I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. If you would have told me a few years ago I'd have a springer well above $1,000 I'd have laughed at you!

I have had my nose to the grindstone for MANY decades, and I have been fortunate enough to FINALLY hit a point where I can afford to spend on me. I've been in my particular field for almost 32 years. Long days, often 6 days per week, DECADES. I've been very smart with my hard earned money, and I want to enjoy some of it!

I may or may not even end up with the March scope. Still trying to decide March vs Hawke vs leupold. I'm leaning March, and want to marry it nicely to the gun

Commented the way I did because although only back to shooting 6 1/2 years now, all but one piece of everything I've ever bought was paid for in cash and it's been a lot considering 50ish different rifles and pistols (down to 26 now) and everything else to go with them. Bills always come first and toys after, limited to what the bank account could afford plus a little here and there saved when I could.

The one and only thing I ever used a credit card for (and I only have one) was for the laminated stock my HW95 now sits in. Kept seeing pics of limited edition blue laminate stocks on a few HW and Beeman rifles and always wanted one only a thumbhole so when I finally came across a maker for one, I dug out the card and went for it. My one and only springer with close to $1000 invested between rifle, scope and stock. The rings are BKL just because they were the only ones I could find in a silver finish and what I wanted to match to the rest of the stock or as you put it, marry it nicely to the gun including stainless steel front stock screw hardware:)

HW95-CV stock 1.1628087589.jpg

HW95-CV stock 2.1628087602.jpg

Sweet gun!

Yah, I use CC but pay in full every month so only put on there what I can afford in cash!

This gun will be my most expensive since I'm well over $1000 in and have to mount/scope it!

Still trying to decide March vs Hawke vs Leupold.

Glen,
1f60a.svg

I applaud your work & spending ethic — spend what you already earned (instead of spending today what you hope to earn some day in the far future — which seems to be all the rage these days!).
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

Help me out with my puzzlement at finding Leupold in your scope list for an airgun. I understand that most airgunners shot not only at far ranges but short ranges as well, as close as 10 yards. ➔ However, Leupold has only one or two scopes that have a parallax that goes down to 10 yards....
1f61f.svg
(And those scopes, IIRC don't have a holdoff reticle, another feature that most airgunners require because of the steep trajectory.) 

Just wondering.
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

Matthias

Thank you! And I think that the spending habits you are talking about have created tremendous difficulty for too many people. I simply do not spend what I don't have. When the kids were young, I didn't even have cable or cell phones because we couldn't afford them. My car was gifted to me and had over 150,000 miles on it. We SCRAPED by for years and years and slowly got ahead. About 8 to 10 years ago all the hard work and penny pinching paid off....

My thoughts are as follows.....

I LOVE the glass on my Leupold. It's crystal clear. I shot my vortex which has a Parallax fixed at 50 yards for years before I rescoped it. I NEVER had any issues hitting great groups between my shortest distances (around 20 yards) to my longest at the time near around 40 yards. I never had any issue. Then I picked up my first scope with a Parallax Adjustment. Going forward I decided I'd probably always get a scope with the adjustment, but I shot well without it. If I were to get leupold, I'd get one with Parallax Adjustment and I could get the reticle custom done from what I hear.

Additionally, I never shoot less than 25 yards anymore. I guess it's nice to make sure Parallax is adjustable down to 10 yards, but I never shoot that close anymore. Ever. When I use to take shots under 15 yards is when I'd miss, lol...

I would look at TIER ONE, or a NIGHTFORCE UNIMOUNT, SPUHR is another good one, no point using a cheap mount on a MARCH SCOPE.

I presume it's a pic rail?

While I totally agree on not using "cheap" scope mounts on a March scope or any of the alpha class scopes, he is looking for a scope mount for a Beeman R9/HW95 which comes with an 11mm dovetail. Everyone recommending Spuhr, Scalarworks, Nightforce Unimount, and other boutique scope mounts are not gonna work because they only offer them in picatinny. Yes, there's dovetail to picatinny adapters but they add more weight. Here's a thread that the OP started asking for suggestions on a scope for his R9...

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/custom-r9-scope/?referrer=1

@Glenroiland, if you decide to pick up that March scope (not sure what model) or any of the high end scopes, make sure the company will back the warranty if you're mounting it on a springer.

Thank you. Got the green light that it will be under warranty on a springer, but that doesn't tell me if it'll last on one. It's 12FPE, so I hope it would. But if it fails, they'll back it.

Surprised no one suggested BKL-388 30mm one piece for dovetails (edit: It's adjustable!). Just me I guess. But otherwise, Sportsmatch, EagleVision, and aforementioned BKL are on my PCPs.

Gotta say, yes, check make sure your potential March will be covered for Springer use. As well, if going to invest the kala on a March, highly advise lapping those rings to the scope.

Mark

They will warranty it, but I'm not sure if it'll last??

I’ve used the same BKL double strap mounts on a HW97K for several years now. If the dove tail is properly degreased the rings never move on the gun. With the rings torqued to spec, the scope never moves in the rings and they don’t mar the scope. What more could you ask? Uj

I normally use Hawke Match mounts. Never had problems, never had the rings move on a rifle or a scope move in the mounts and that's on springers shooting 17-20 fpe and why as I got more guns, I kept using them. Only one I have that doesn't is an older T01 D34 .177 I needed a drooper mount for so that one has an RWS lockdown mount on it.

I took a shot on the BKL's because I wanted silver..lol. Jury is still out since I only have a 100 or so shots on them but so far, I've got no complaints about them and they do look pretty :)

I’ve used the same BKL double strap mounts on a HW97K for several years now. If the dove tail is properly degreased the rings never move on the gun. With the rings torqued to spec, the scope never moves in the rings and they don’t mar the scope. What more could you ask? Uj

I normally use Hawke Match mounts. Never had problems, never had the rings move on a rifle or a scope move in the mounts and that's on springers shooting 17-20 fpe and why as I got more guns, I kept using them. Only one I have that doesn't is an older T01 D34 .177 I needed a drooper mount for so that one has an RWS lockdown mount on it.

I took a shot on the BKL's because I wanted silver..lol. Jury is still out since I only have a 100 or so shots on them but so far, I've got no complaints about them and they do look pretty :)

My BKL mounts serve me well