30mm One Piece Mount Suggestion

Hello if you are using a high end scope like a March look at the Sphur you will not be disappointed, very easy to mount, even easier to level the scope with the enclosed tool, and very rugged. I used a Sphur mount on a Sako m10 for a 5000 rd test with no issues and the gun was not babied during the testing.(you would never treat you gun the way this one was treated) Just my opinion on the mount Eric

Reactions: Glenroiland
I like the Strike Industries adjustable mount. You can change it to 4 different lengths of cantilever, fit and finish is great also.

Strike Industries Adjustable Cantilever Scope Mount

Mount.1628010549 - Copy.1628010838.jpg

While I'm all for better glass on higher end springers, I really wish I had some of your bank accounts or credit card limits for the stuff you're suggesting. I realize the rifle is a tricked out, custom Beeman R9 but damnnnnn....$250-$500 for a mount and $1800-$2000+ for a scope?? Wow...just...well damnnnn.....

Not sure where your prices are comming from but a top quality Sportsmatch mount is less than 100 and many serious shooters soon realize that it is not unusual to spend more for a good scope than the price of the gun it is going on. You can go cheaper but usually find you will be replacing it much sooner!! Buy a quality scope and it will last a lifetime over many different guns

While I'm all for better glass on higher end springers, I really wish I had some of your bank accounts or credit card limits for the stuff you're suggesting. I realize the rifle is a tricked out, custom Beeman R9 but damnnnnn....$250-$500 for a mount and $1800-$2000+ for a scope?? Wow...just...well damnnnn.....

Not sure where your prices are comming from but a top quality Sportsmatch mount is less than 100 and many serious shooters soon realize that it is not unusual to spend more for a good scope than the price of the gun it is going on. You can go cheaper but usually find you will be replacing it much sooner!! Buy a quality scope and it will last a lifetime over many different guns

I know what the Sportsmatch 1 piece and 2 piece ring sets run price wise depending on which one you finally decide on. I also know general rule of thumb is to pay more for the glass than the gun. I may be a newly returning member here and while I don't have as many years as a good lot of the members do, I've been back shooting for over 6 years now and learned a few things :) 

I was talking about the 2 I did take a quick look for in the Spuhr which, unless there's a few cheaper ones I missed, runs $410 for a dovetail 30mm and the Nightforce Unimount, that at least the ones I saw run $250 and up. While I didn't look into anything made by March for scope, I do know they're Japanese made, excellent glass and everything else and generally NOT inexpensive.

I like to mount my scopes low and with elevation adjustment (or tapered rail) — and most one-piece mounts with cant I looked at were rather high. 

The Burris AR-Signature QD P.E.P.R. Mount is a one-piece, for c. $130 you get a max. of 47 moa elevation adjustment. It's picatinny. (Yeah, the name is a mouthful, rather, a bucketful.)

More than a dozen other low adjustable mounting options are in the attached Scope Mounting Table, with prices, mounting heights, and amount of elevation adjustment.

Matthias

❌ Attachment:

Scope Mounting Table 30mm

download.png
View attachment SCOPE Mounting Table.1628025380.pdf

I like to mount my scopes low and with elevation adjustment (or tapered rail) — and most one-piece mounts with cant I looked at were rather high. 

The Burris AR-Signature QD P.E.P.R. Mount is a one-piece, for c. $130 you get a max. of 47 moa elevation adjustment. It's picatinny. (Yeah, the name is a mouthful, rather, a bucketful.)

More than a dozen other low adjustable mounting options are in the attached Scope Mounting Table, with prices, mounting heights, and amount of elevation adjustment.

Matthias

274c.svg
Attachment:

Scope Mounting Table 30mm

download.png
View attachment SCOPE Mounting Table.1628025380.pdf

i have recommended a Burris TR-6 as a low budget LVPO option that isn't worthless. you can get the scope for <$320, but you can get the scope and pepr mount for $350 from cabelas. i bought one for my 10/22 takedown lite.

going the other direction on price for mounts, the one piece mount from Aero Precision is perfectly serviceable on a pcp with no recoil and it is very light. this is what my swampfox is sitting on at the moment on my leshiy 2, but i need a higher mount because the stock on the leshiy is pretty high in relation to the rail. ~$85 for the AP mount.

i have no experience with springers so can't offer an opinion on whether it would be suitable.

Lol. I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. If you would have told me a few years ago I'd have a springer well above $1,000 I'd have laughed at you!

I have had my nose to the grindstone for MANY decades, and I have been fortunate enough to FINALLY hit a point where I can afford to spend on me. I've been in my particular field for almost 32 years. Long days, often 6 days per week, DECADES. I've been very smart with my hard earned money, and I want to enjoy some of it!

I may or may not even end up with the March scope. Still trying to decide March vs Hawke vs leupold. I'm leaning March, and want to marry it nicely to the gun