• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30m prone TR77 NPS latest results

oh I also did the roller bearing trigger mod as myairgunreviews recommends as it is terrible, the bearing mod worked a treat and is great now, another issue I had with it after a while was the cocking arm from the barrel to the piston sort of skewed to one side and it caught on the moulded webbing inside the stock as I tried to cock the rifle actually preventing me doing so, I had to shave them back flat with a razor blade.

I had some Crosman Pointed pellets I wanted to get rid of as my Ruger hates them. So I figured I would get rid of them for break in usage. I will do some comparisons this weekend hopefully and see what the NPS TR77 likes best. Most of the online testing suggests the Crosman Premier Hollow Points are the best choice for the TR77.

I have the following choices

1. Crosman Premier Hollow Points (I suspect these will be best out of my current choices)

2.Crosman Pointed Pellets (these are what I have used to get some break in shots)

3. Crosman Wadcutters

4. Crosman Destroyer EX

Yea, several people have said the same. The Destroyers were one of the very first pellets I ever bought. I think they are just aerodynamically challenged LOL.

Now, I do have to say the Crosman Pointed I am breaking in this TR77 with seem to fit nicely, where as they fall thru my Ruger Blackhawk (it likes the Premier Hollow Points best) The pointed pellets seem to be doing ok for break in and 13 yards. Further testing will weed out the bad ones. I havent had any time to do any plinking from a bench yet. Next step is 20 yards from a bench.

I used the cometa exact 10.3 grains and they were great, I then tried the JSB 10.3 and they were terrible, the JSB 8.4 are by far the best for my rifle. My neighbours have cracked the poops about me using it, we have 5 acres, the australian gun laws are such that even tho you may be allowed to use your rifle if someone doesn't like it and complain you are in for all sorts of trouble so it will be now taken to the range only when I wish to shoot, which is making me think may as well just get a 'proper' rifle if I have to do that, the only indoor range close by is a pistol club which only goes to 20m