• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30m prone TR77 NPS latest results

have been slowly sorting out my TR77 NPS, I am waiting on a bipod and new one piece stopper scope mount but it is showing good results as it is, this is a 6 shot group at 30m prone, resting the gun on an old container

seems to favor these pellets

* excuse the small pic below, no idea why photobucket uploaded it so small compared to others, small white spec at centre of pic is target

Reactions: ajshoots
Hi 30cal yes I have been trying various different holds for it, and the 'offhand' one certainly seems my most accurate, I am familiar on the 'artillery hold' yes. I also have seen that the NP rifles are not so hold dependent as the traditional springers, but virtually all of my pest shooting is done off hand so I figure probably best dialling it in that way for consistency, keen to try the JSB exacts when they arrive and see if they are any better tho I think I am doing well with the pellets I have.

cheers for that, I have run out of the clippers and I am using the GAMO pro magnums I got with the gun that initially were terrible, I also modded my current scope mounts installing a stopper pin so I zero'd the scope in with these pellets and was quite surprised that they are not as bad as I thought they were, I did try some 30m shots and they are certainly not as consistent as the clippers, here is 10m 10 shots

have a set of these coming as well, I believe they are JSB exacts rebranded from the reviews I have seen and are very accurate

my diana 4-16x42mm scope died the other day so I put the supplied centrepoint 4x32 one on, and yes it is as bad as they say but will have to do me until my nikko stirling 'mount master' 4-12x50 shows up, if that fails will have to spend some decent $$ next time, anyway ignore the lower holes they were not part of the 5 shot group, this was standing, left hand on post, gun resting across my forearm/wrist, I have actually found the rifle seems to prefer a firm grip on firing

the cometa pellets get a big thumbsup, very consistent and tight group, this is my first go with them dialling in the scope, they are quite a bit heavier than the other ones so required the scope to be dialled up a lot, the other pellets hit about 2 inches high with the zero set for the cometa, here is how I went finishing off the scope adjustments, still with the rubbish centrepoint supplied one which is very difficult at 25m

finally received my nikko stirling 'mount master', the box was damaged when I got it, I tried it with the supplied mounts,they gave in as I was trying to zero it in, I bought a BKL mount as from my research they are the biz for air guns, any way no matter what I di I could not zero the scope. I contacted the seller and they have agreed to supply a replacement, I decided to buy a BARSKA 3-12x40 air gun scope which i have mounted and zero'd in no troubles and so far very happy with the combo :)