30cal javelin slugs FX barrels

I’m using the standard liner as I can’t get a hold of heavy in 700mm. The hybrids weren’t terrible and I used them for a few weeks. But they weren’t giving me MOA. The javelins have consistently been sub moa @ 935 fps which is slower than what I believe they were intended to go. But if it work it works. Haven’t gone heavier yet because I’m not sure the 1:22 will stabilize them well

I'm surprised the Hybrids didn't work for you. That was the only slug I could find in .30 that shot well in my M3 (about MOA). A lot others have had luck with the hybrids. I haven't tried the Javelins yet, but have been wanting to.

Are you using the standard 1:22 barrel or the 1:18 heavy?
Hi
Can you tell what liner you are using with the hybrids and at what speed range you are shooting?
Regards
Enkey

Hi
Can you tell what liner you are using with the hybrids and at what speed range you are shooting?
Regards
Enkey

Using Superior Standard 1:22, reg 148b (no power ad-ons), speed ~960fps. I tested lower speeds at the same reg pressure and didn't see much of a difference.

A couple years back when I tested a bunch of different slugs up to ~54gr I didn't see any improvement with the Heavy 1:18 liner. Hybrids were the only thing working then. Some good times for .30 cal now with Patriot, H&N, and JSB all releasing .30 slugs! The craziest thing I've seen recently was a video put out by Air Hunter Gerhard where he was shooting the new H&N .30 slugs out of a slow twist 1:38 barrel and getting great accuracy, even at range.

Reactions: Enkey
Using Superior Standard 1:22, reg 148b (no power ad-ons), speed ~960fps. I tested lower speeds at the same reg pressure and didn't see much of a difference.

A couple years back when I tested a bunch of different slugs up to ~54gr I didn't see any improvement with the Heavy 1:18 liner. Hybrids were the only thing working then. Some good times for .30 cal now with Patriot, H&N, and JSB all releasing .30 slugs! The craziest thing I've seen recently was a video put out by Air Hunter Gerhard where he was shooting the new H&N .30 slugs out of a slow twist 1:38 barrel and getting great accuracy, even at range.
I did see better accuracy with the hybrids around 950-60. I then moved up the 700mm barrel and had them going 975-980. That’s where they started to become inconsistent. Perhaps they like to go a bit slower…
I will say they are very effective on thin skinned game. Even at 50 yards they typically come completely apart causing a significant amount of damage. However once you get to critters in the raccoon-coyote range I think they’re to fragile and penetration becomes a problem. That being said I’ve killed a lot of raccoon, skunks, badgers, and jack rabbits with the hybrids.

I haven’t got as many critters with the 52gr javelins sense they’re new and fur bearer season is long over. but I’ve been doing a bit of pest control with them and they are hammers. They typically expand to around half an inch without coming apart. I think they’re perfect for animals 35lbs and smaller. I wouldn’t drive them faster than 940fps due to how much they expand. If your hunting with them. If your just killing paper I guess use what ever velocity is the most accurate.

Been using the Javelin 56gr in my .30 WC 600mm and very accurate. Was able to get them to 101 fpe at 910 fps. 75 yards very accurate and deadly on predators. Going try the Javelin 52 soon. Haven't really tested lower speeds yet, waiting on a pump. Hopefully can get good accuracy at lower power settings. I guess it's the norm that different barrels like different pellets. So far Javelins work great in my case.

Wildacat .30 600mm 1:40

Javelin 56 and 68 excellent results. The FX Hybrids and Javelin 52 no go.

56gr @ 170/150 reg settings at 910 fps.

68gr @ 170/150 reg settings at 822.

Best slugs in this .30 so far.
Good info, thanks for the posting. I have a .30 700mm, and getting kind of bored shooting pellets, decided the to try the Javelin 52 and hybrids. The Javelins shot a 3 or 4 inch group at 100yds running about 940 (standard barrel). The hybrids about 1.5 at 967fps. Thinking about trying out a heavy liner and some 56gr or 68gr but may need to upgrade my 2nd reg. For some reason, I cannot get it to adjust past 140 with out leaking. Took it apart and changed the O-Rings etc. with no luck.

Good info, thanks for the posting. I have a .30 700mm, and getting kind of bored shooting pellets, decided the to try the Javelin 52 and hybrids. The Javelins shot a 3 or 4 inch group at 100yds running about 940 (standard barrel). The hybrids about 1.5 at 967fps. Thinking about trying out a heavy liner and some 56gr or 68gr but may need to upgrade my 2nd reg. For some reason, I cannot get it to adjust past 140 with out leaking. Took it apart and changed the O-Rings etc. with no luck.

Bummer, hope you find the issue. I have about 200 .30 cal of the 52 javelins and a few FX hybirds that I will never use. Could you use them? Trade for some .25 slugs possible? Cheers.