$300 (Yong Heng) PCP Compressor (Up Close Look & Basic Set-Up)

A good review on what not to do when you assemble and run these things for the first time. If you are giving advice on the correct way of using something like these pumps, don't you think it would be wise to thoroughly educate yourself about some of the basic methods and part placements rather than giving wrong instructions. No doubt that if you had of continued, you probably would have done even more serious damage to the unit. These pumps are very simple and anybody with even a small amount of mechanical knowledge could assemble one, even without the instructions, by just looking at the photos in the adds. There is no need for Teflon tape on any of the threads. There is an appropriate gasket or washer to seal all the unions, in the spares bag. I can see why there is a lot of problems with these things if the average Joe is anything like you. Sorry to be so critical, you seem like a good guy but your reviews are done on the run without any knowledge about the products that you are describing. Looking something up on the internet and reading out the product specifications, does not make a review. A little bit of actually using a product and telling us what you like or dislike or if something breaks or malfunctions even if it's because of your own stupidity, would make a much better video. And please leave the cats in their box, that gimmick has been done.

A good review on what not to do when you assemble and run these things for the first time. If you are giving advice on the correct way of using something like these pumps, don't you think it would be wise to thoroughly educate yourself about some of the basic methods and part placements rather than giving wrong instructions. No doubt that if you had of continued, you probably would have done even more serious damage to the unit. These pumps are very simple and anybody with even a small amount of mechanical knowledge could assemble one, even without the instructions, by just looking at the photos in the adds. There is no need for Teflon tape on any of the threads. There is an appropriate gasket or washer to seal all the unions, in the spares bag. I can see why there is a lot of problems with these things if the average Joe is anything like you. Sorry to be so critical, you seem like a good guy but your reviews are done on the run without any knowledge about the products that you are describing. Looking something up on the internet and reading out the product specifications, does not make a review. A little bit of actually using a product and telling us what you like or dislike or if something breaks or malfunctions even if it's because of your own stupidity, would make a much better video. And please leave the cats in their box, that gimmick has been done.

Right on ... but I still like the kitties. His fubar pump could be fixed for less than $5.

UPDATE: One of my Subscribers (probably a AGN member too) contacted me and offered to send me the aluminum block off his broken compressor. He made the same mistake I made at the end of my video, only the part he did it to could not be repaired. So my Yong Heng is going to be just fine! Also, the local machine shop said the could tap new threads in the block the next size up and I can use an adapter I had left over from a fill station I had. (1/8 bbsp to 1/4 NPT threads). ...so I hope to have that running by tonight! I'm taking MY block off now to drop of at the machine shop. Hooray! -Nate 

P.S. Thanks to CD in NC! 

1531164567_14436532465b43b797e7b185.27576663_20180709_121607.jpg

Eaglebreak: I appreciate a comment like yours because I actually listen to advice. I used to educate myself on the stuff I was reviewing and have a huge list of facts in front of me. I remember I was careful not to leave out even one statistic or piece of possibly important info. I do need to do that instead of trying to crank out a review as quick as possible. Thanks for reminding me. -Nate 

Willi: Thanks for the offer! That would have been a great deal (for me and you) but it looks like I'll be able to fix it. Thanks for offering to help me out! 

@kaylaindy, I'll bet that the hydraulic fluid that you used in the Yong Heng is turning black very quickly. The hydraulic fluid that you used is more like brake fluid in a car, and not more like lubricating oil. Additionally, its best to use 100% synthetic oil for your HPAC (high pressure air compressor). How do I know this, you may ask? A while back I was naïve enough to use the #46 hydraulic fluid in a small Yong Heng clone. And it ate itself in a very short amount of time. My recommendation is to use high pressure air compressor oil, like the Royal Purple Synfilm compressor oil. Trust me, you'll thank me later on... I think there must be a Chinese to English translate problem when it comes to the correct oil to use for the small HPACs. FYI, ISO 100 oil is equivalent in viscosity to 30 weight motor oil.
Mike

Eaglebreak: I don't know what I'd do without you! I need to find that plug. Seriously, thank for telling me that. I didn't think it would be a good idea to tip it upside down. It would be nice to change the oil each time. Thanks -Nate 

I also missed a few things that will be in video 2.

* Mainly you need a BIG moisture catcher to avoid fatal consequences.

* #46 hydraulic oil is not the Bee's Knees. ...and I quote "My recommendation is to use high pressure air compressor oil, like the Royal Purple Synfilm compressor oil."

I also found out last night that you can get this in 7 different models from $120-$300!! and they are all different.

Here is one seller: AliExpress ad that shows all 7 Yong Heng versions

Check this out. You can see all the different versions, just click the boxes for the prices: 

1531268778_13103685135b454eaa0c75a5.80406582_Capture.JPG

[url="https://www.aliexpress.com/item/300BAR-30MPA-4500PSI-High-Pressure-Air-Pump-Electric-Air-Compressor-for-Pneumatic-Airgun-Scuba-Rifle-PCP/32812355297.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10547_10342_10325_10546_10343_10340_10548_10341_10545_10696_10084_10083_10618_10307_10846_10059_100031_10103_524_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620,searchweb201603_25,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=4d6923e8-467b-4125-b09f-4597a6f21ed3-6&algo_pvid=4d6923e8-467b-4125-b09f-4597a6f21ed3&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0"]1531268790_17604489135b454eb685dea3.92465043_HTB1Ms9Ap_JYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaP.jpg

Quote: "I always wondered about using that #46 hyd oil. I wonder why the manufacturer recommends it?? I just ordered some of the RP Synthetic and will change it out ASAP. "

The guys in China can't know EVERYTHING! Sometimes when your that smart, little things can slip your mind. Yong Heng should hire me to rewrite their copy so they don't say stuff like "do not has"

...someone could have a great job "Americanizing" the image of these Chinese companies. There is a tank seller on eBay that would double their sales if they knew how to write english properly. They try to describe a PCP tank but they are way off, (this is a multi million dollar company were talking about). ...but don't buy a Chinese tank, they are not DOT certified.

Quote: "I always wondered about using that #46 hyd oil. I wonder why the manufacturer recommends it?? I just ordered some of the RP Synthetic and will change it out ASAP. "

The guys in China can't know EVERYTHING! Sometimes when your that smart, little things can slip your mind. Yong Heng should hire me to rewrite their copy so they don't say stuff like "do not has"

...someone could have a great job "Americanizing" the image of these Chinese companies. There is a tank seller on eBay that would double their sales if they knew how to write english properly. They try to describe a PCP tank but they are way off, (this is a multi million dollar company were talking about). ...but don't buy a Chinese tank, they are not DOT certified.

If you are filling your own tank, why do you care if it is DOT certified?